Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal Remote Won't Sync With Xiaomi MiBox S

(Topic created on: 03-05-2022 10:40 AM)
Nirer
Apprentice
Options

Hello, just got a new TV - UE60AU8000. Love it.

The only problem is that I have an android TV box, a Xiaomi Mi Box S - 

MDZ-22-AB model, which I use as my main console to watch anything.

The problem is that when I connect my Xiaomi Mi Box S (MDZ-22-AB) to the HDMI port - I'm prompted with a "Universal Remote Syncing" Option.

When I try to sync the Samsung TV remote with the Xiaomi Mi Box I choose OTT option and select Xiaomi as manufacturer.

The problem starts here - I can't find the model number of my Xiaomi Mi Box (MDZ-22-AB) after I choose Xiaomi as the manufacturer... I tried every other configuration but the Samsung remote just won't sync with the android TV..

I gave up, only to turn on the HDMI-CEC function. The problem here is that when I use the Samsung TV to turn off the TV - it also turns off the Android TV box, and when I press the Samsung Remote to turn the TV back on - my Android TV box won't turn on and I'm forced to use the original Xiaomi Mi Box remote to turn it on.

All I want is to have complete control over the Mi Box using my Samsung TV remote 😞

Can anybody assist me, please?

18 REPLIES 18
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

Use a Samsung universal remote to control devices connected to your TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00050204/
0 Likes
Nirer
Apprentice
Options

Sadly this isn't an option seeing as mdz-22-ab isn't found on the list of devices...

Nirer
Apprentice
Options

bump, please help 😞

0 Likes
P212tvbox
First Poster
Options

i Have the same problem

You solved?

Shock123
First Poster
Options

Did you find any solution? I'm having the same issue as well. 

kafeteer
First Poster
Options

I skipped the universal remote setup and leave it as a hdmi device and was able to control it with the Samsung remote

0 Likes
Amirar
Student
Options

Skipping the universal remote setup does solve the issue partially.
When you turn off the TV and on again the sync is lost and you are forced to reboot MiBox.
Also if you are trying to connect the MiBox to a Sound bar and then to the TV you are stuck with the same need to sync the universal remote.

0 Likes
Amirar
Student
Options

It is only a partial fix, since you loose the sync once the TV is turned off and on again forcing you to reboot the MiBox as well.

0 Likes
EmreRobisso
First Poster
Options

Just ensure you have HDMI-CEC enabled on both sides. (Mi Box)

0 Likes