Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal remote - Sky keeps disappearing from Hub

(Topic created on: 31-03-2020 03:58 PM)
Senocular
First Poster
Options

Hope someone can help. 

I have a Q70R and Sony HT Z9F soundbar. Until recently, they were in perfect harmony (after many hours of setting up difficulties).  I have Sky+ HD (haven't upgraded to Q as yet). Sky goes to Soundbar and TV connected connected to Soundbar through ARC. 

I had set up my universal remote to control my Soundbar and Sky box and a Sky icon would appear on the Hub. Everything could be controlled by the one remote, it was awesome. 

Recently has decorating done and when I plugged everything back in, the Sky icon had disappeared. No biggie, I reinstalled it by going through the appropriate setup in the universal control menu. Sky icon came back but...

...as soon as I switch off the TV and turn it back in, the Sky icon has disappeared from the hub and the remote doesn't control the Sky box at all. 

The only way to get it to 'stick' is to plug Sky into TV directly with HDMI then going from TV to soundbar. Only problem is that this results in terrible lip sync issues. 

It's all connected exactly as it was prior to decorating. Not 100% sure yet didn't auto update and this has caused the problem. I now need my sky remote as well and it's bloody frustrating.

First world problems but if anyone can help, I'd be immensely grateful. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options
@Senocular: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV/Sky box. Regarding the lip-sync issues, if possible, try connecting the sound bar to the TV via digital optical cable, then connect the Sky Box to the TV via HDMI ARC to see if this helps. If it supports Dolby Digital+, go to Settings > Sound > Expert Settings > Digital Output Audio Format > Dolby Digital+.
0 Likes