Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal Guide

(Topic created on: 28-01-2022 10:12 PM)
o0MattE0o
Journeyman
Options
It's a nice idea but is there any way to remove BBC content, due to legal reasons of not having a TV licence I can not watch any live TV or BBC content so is it possible to edit the Universal Guide.

Also is there any way to uninstall BBC app on the TV? For the same reason above, this goes for other paid services that I'm not using. 

Don't want accidentally subscribe or watch content illegally.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
o0MattE0o
Journeyman
Options
I'm taking about the universal guid that, have a little work around but not perfect, and that is lock every single app that you do not wish to use. At lest that blocks you accidentally opening something.

Uninstall would be better option though?
0 Likes
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
I may be wrong, but I think you will find that the law states that you need a licence if you have any device which is capable of receiving a BBC signal. This would include your phone, tablet and laptop, not just your TV. 🤔
0 Likes
o0MattE0o
Journeyman
Options
This is why I do not have any BBC software on any other device, but Samsung are not giving me that option.

To me it's a waste of storage on the TV the end user should be able to delete anything that is not essential to running the TV.

At lest locking the app helps from accidentally opening the app, just wish I could do it to the universal guid so it shows targeted content...
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
This is off the tv licence web site

You need to be covered by a TV Licence to watch or 'stream' programmes live on an online TV service - such as ITV Hub, All 4, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Now TV and Sky Go.

You don't need a TV Licence if you only ever watch on demand or catch up programmes on services other than BBC iPlayer - and never watch TV programmes live on any channel or TV service.

This applies to any device you use, including a TV.

G G