Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New QN85 Neo QLED: Audio output keeps switching to TV Speakers

(Topic created on: 28-01-2022 07:20 PM)
hockeyfrank26
Apprentice
Options

Brand new Samsung QN85 85" Neo QLED TV just installed and I'm having a major issue with eARC / HDMI-CEC. 

My TV auto-switches back and forth between the TV speakers and my audio receiver.  It happens about every 60 seconds or so. 

My Onkyo receiver is brand new and fully up to date, and has a DirecTV 4K box and a PS5 plugged in. 

There seems to be no resolution to this.  Not using eARC is really undesirable, and turning off HDMI-CEC makes it so the TV doesn't even see my receiver.  I have all brand new gear, but this is bs. Where's the fix Samsung? Lots of people online complaining about this going back for YEARS. What's the deal? 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

How to use HDMI ARC on Samsung Smart TV
Setting up speakers

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-use-hdmi-arc-on-samsung-smart-tv/
0 Likes
hockeyfrank26
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the link.  I'm quite technical, so the basics aren't helpful.  This requires Samsung to patch their TV OS because there is a critical bug out there that's been there for quite some time. The basics of HDMI and eARC aren't helpful in this situation. 

Lake House Cinema
First Poster
Options

I just installed a QN90A and experience the same issue. My Onkyo wouldn’t pass the Xbox signal through to the HDMI 4 game port so I had to use HDMI 3 ARC. Now sound won’t stay on AV. Once setting it there TV automatically switches to TV speakers after a few seconds. It is maddening. 

BRW
First Poster
Options

Hi @hockeyfrank26, I've got exactly the same thing happening too with our new QN85 and Yamaha AV Receiver...have you had any luck resolving this issue?  I just checked and there are no new firmware updates available for the TV.  Do we need to call Samsung and log this issue with them?

Update: I spoke to Samsung support.

1. Performed a firmware update, since the TV wasn't picking up the latest update which was available on samsung.com/support.  Updated firmware from 1808 to 1904 - released on Feb 8th, 2022

2. Performed a factory reset on the TV

However, the issue still persists.  The two Samsung consultants I spoke to were very helpful and informed me that Samsung was aware of this issue (I directed them to this message) and have passed on my case to level two support.  Stay tuned.

ted7545
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the update. I have the same issue with a brand new 50 inch Frame TV and brand new Denon receiver. Very frustrating....

0 Likes
Nachojuice
First Poster
Options

Any update to share?  

0 Likes
RadAdam
First Poster
Options

Following up on this post to see if there has been a resolution.  I have this same exact issue happening between my Samsung QLED 75" & my Onkyo receiver.  I have worked both devices through every troubleshooting option and still get the same result.

0 Likes
kolt-23
First Poster
Options

OK its been a year for updates.  Night before Super bowl my old  Samsung  crashed and won't turn on.  I talked to  Samsung and they said  GOOD you got  14 years out of your old  LCD  LN52B750U1F  time to but a new one.  So with little time I purchased a new  Samsung QLED 65" QN85Bd today for the game @ $1600  I too use a Onkyo  receiver  on past  tv a  Onkyo TX-NR656 Receiver.  So has the  issue been resolved I see 7  emails and no answers.  I sure hate to have to take this  Neo QLED Samsung back next week to store because of audio.  The manual enclosed has no details or info of any kind on how to set up or little on  audio connection to a receiver????  Used to have no issues with Samsung so hoping Has this been resolved   KOLT-123  Houston Texas

0 Likes
ChrisBoath
First Poster
Options

So  Samsung , what are you doing about it?  It’s March 2024 and I bought a brand new  Q LED  4K S90C  because  my old LCD Samsung which worked perfectly with my Samsung  Blu Ray HDMI receiver  died.  This brand new TV  turns  off the  receiver  after about 20 seconds after selecting as the  Sound input device.  I unplug the HDMI cable  from the back of the receiver and select  Receiver (Optical)  from the TV menu and the receiver will stay on  forever unless I turn it off. 
You have a software/firmware fault that you need to address that appears to have been around for several years. When I was working in telecommunications in Network Software Upgrades such a fault would have been addressed as a matter of urgency. 

0 Likes