Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to the Samsung Server. Please update your TV's software to solve this problem. (189)

(Topic created on: 31-12-2020 12:15 AM)
iwaddo
Journeyman
Options

I noticed that my TV has stopped logging into the Samsung Server. The error is

Unable to connect to the Samsung Server. Please update your TV's software to solve this problem. (189)

The firmware says it is up to date at 1242. The Samsung site confirms this is the latest version for my TV which is a UE55KS9000T.

The TV is connected to the internet and passes all tests. Apps like Netflix work OK.

I have tried unplugging it to > 10s and this has not made any difference.

I am not sure of the advantages of being logged in anyway but I feel as though it should work.

Thank you for any help.

17 REPLIES 17
chrisg750
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Do these forums ever get answered?

Deibo
First Poster
Options
Any updates on how this might be resolved?
iwaddo
Journeyman
Options

No, it is all very quiet.

To be honest I am not sure what I am missing out on, what might I gain by being connected to the Samsung Server?

0 Likes
OVAR0409
Student
Options

I have exactly the same issue on my UE55KS8000 (2016, Tizen 2.4).  Now I'm stuck because I cannot reinstall Plex. 

OVAR0409
Student
Options

Well, it is now solved. I read about holding the power button on the remote until the TV restarts and this fixed my issue on the first go!

iwaddo
Journeyman
Options

I tried this, it did not work for me 😒

I have tested and proven internet connectivity but I still get this same 189 error.

I have checked for updates, I'm all up to date.

Olddognewtricks
Apprentice
Options

Morning all, I have a 40"BEUK1.1.3KU6400 TV. Noticed this morning that my system update level is 1243 and I'm getting the same error 189 when I see that I'm not automatically signing into the Samsung account. I've tried holding the power button trick on both the main remote and the special voice remote. Neither worked.

I think I have a fix. Log into your Samsung account and update / change your password, wait a few moments don't log out of your account. go to your tv if it still wont let you edit on screen then put in your id name and password when prompted and after a few mins and everything will be ok again at least it was when i tried this earlier.

Mr nobody
First Poster
Options

Had the same problems if the account is already registered on the TV try to add it again but without removing it this seemed too work for me 

Jason51
First Poster
Options

Easy way to solve this is to type in your registered email then click change password follow the instructions and change your password sign back in problem solved happy day's ☺️

0 Likes