Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to accept terms and conditions on TV hub made for English market

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 10:16 AM)
Aaron2007
First Poster
Options

I have read the "solved" thread where the TV was entended for another market/region but this isnt the case for me. I did howerver try it anyway as a samsung engineer needed to replace 1 motherboard after mine became faulty (part came from the Netherlands). model name QE65Q67RATXXU purchased in December 2019. The engineer was here on the 1st July and left after replacing the part and trying to set it up, thats when he saw the server was down and told me to just try again. I contacted the engineer's office the following day and was told to call Samsung. I had already reset the hub, reset to factory default (although there are no apps due to the part being replaced and the hub failing on apps when doing a test). It needs to connect to the samsung server inorder for the T&C's to be accepted and then download apps. I have called Samsung 3 times and have been told to monitor this 48hours, then again for 24 hours. then the 3rd agent called the local engineers office as did I. The agent was told they can't assist in anyway......This needs to be escalted to the samsung network team to advise about the server!! As i politly asked the agent, but they are all working from home due to covid and didnt have a contact. My Software version is up to date being 1356.2 and there is no further troubleshooting I can do.  @someone from Samsung kindly advise as I am beyond frustrated  

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
ashyt16
Navigator
Options

Is the TV actually connected to the internet? Does it connect to your wifi ok?

0 Likes
Aaron2007
First Poster
Options

Hi, yes 100% and I ruled the internet out by using my phone as a hotspot which connected just the the same. I the hub test fails on apps and tv setup fails on T&C's. An engineer is returning as short of a hard issue and/SW there is no further Troubleshooting 

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options

Does it actually let you select UK as the country? 

0 Likes
Aaron2007
First Poster
Options

Hi, yes, I can only select UK or Ireland. I have however tried both but the issue remains the same

0 Likes
DUSKTILLDAWN
Pioneer
Options

Hi got the qe55q60r and same issue TV went off and on in a loop so engineer collected and replaced power board,and screen,telly returned 3weeks later and was stuck on t&c screen just after they rushed out the door,rang them and they came back to collect and monitor it again awaiting reply this was Friday 17th I'm disgusted ..but I will wait a few days then call them again..

0 Likes
Aaron2007
First Poster
Options

An engineer is coming back tomorrow after logging another call last Friday. I have done the troubleshoot with the help desk on 4 occations since the engineer was here for the first issue, and monitored for new software daily. I'll update you tomorrow 

0 Likes
DUSKTILLDAWN
Pioneer
Options

Hi hope you can try this obviously I can't because engineer collected TV Friday with t&c issue...seen this on another part of forum worth a try another guy posted this as a fix..

Samsung service has just now fixed my TV. They erased the EEPROM. It is more deep "reset" than the reset from menu or from hidden service menu. It works fine for UN74XX and above.

Press the physical ON/OFF button on your TV for at least 3 seconds. Then, within 10 seconds, press the ON/OFF on your remote and hold at least for 3 seconds. If your TV restarts 2 times, you're done.

This EEPROM reset will erase all of your settings, channel lists, accounts, etc. Like factory reset, but EEPROM reset cleans all failures and defective bits from memory...

Aaron2007
First Poster
Options

The engineer has a master remote where they can get into menu's that show all crash logs and so on. I'll wait for him to arrive and will keep this handy to show him. Thanks ill update u

0 Likes
DUSKTILLDAWN
Pioneer
Options

Any update on this engineer s still have my TV 

0 Likes