Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE40ES6300 has really old Netflix version. How do i update?

(Topic created on: 03-01-2019 01:49 PM)
Leighpb
Apprentice
Options

UE40ES6300 has really old netflix app. Last update 2016. It wont allow me to update it as it is a fixed app and not downloaded. What can I do?

32 REPLIES 32
AbhayGill_017
First Poster
Options

Hey Nick can u send me pics of the Netflix app and also can u plz tell me that 1031.0 firmware is compatible with amazon prime coz I also have a UA46ES8000 tv with 1024.0 firmware.

Thank U

0 Likes
yohanesbima
First Poster
Options

This should appear at the first top comments

welldone!

rafaelito
First Poster
Options

how?

0 Likes
C-Blaze92
Journeyman
Options

Find your TV model# on the back of your TV. Search that model on Samsungs website.  There will be a firmware download option. Download that to your computer then transfer to a USB stick and plug it into the back of your TV. Your TV should recognize and download. Once download your apps will either automatically update after a few minutes or you'll have to do it manually in the menu.

0 Likes
C-Blaze92
Journeyman
Options

Sorry for the late reply, if you go to https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2011-led-smart-tv-8-series and download the latest firmware to your  computer. Then transfer that file to a USB stick. Plug it in the back of your TV, and it should recognize and download. Once downloaded your apps should either automatically update or you'll have to do it manually through the menu.

0 Likes
Crs
Apprentice
Options

Do I understand correctly? Are you saying series 8 software will work on 5 series? 

0 Likes
Crs
Apprentice
Options

I mean 6 series? 

0 Likes
C-Blaze92
Journeyman
Options

No, you need to look up your own model tv on the Samsung website. Any links I've given have been specific to a model.

0 Likes
Crs
Apprentice
Options

Well, this is exactly the issue. Samsung is not bothering to offer updates on 6 series and so, there will not be any updates available. 

0 Likes
C-Blaze92
Journeyman
Options

I see that, that's unfortunate and frusterating. I'm not sure there's anything you can do. 

0 Likes