Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv volume goes up by itself

(Topic created on: 02-12-2019 12:07 AM)
Stormes
Journeyman
Options

After exactly one year, My UN65NU8000 tv volume goes up by itself. I did reset the setting but didn't help. I noticed the red led light keep plinking so I covered it by a paper to be able to control the volume. I searched online and found many had the same issue but none of them mentioned how they fixed it if they could. Any advice what is the issue??

36 REPLIES 36
dcatc
First Poster
Options

$10k? What's the TV worth? 

0 Likes
volume on my tv keep
First Poster
Options

My Samsung TV did the same thing, volume kept going up did not stay down.  It was my Amazon Fire Stick remote control.  I removed the batteries from the Fire Stick remote and it fixed it right away.

Achmannng
First Poster
Options

Like another response I temporarily removed Fire TV remote batteries and problem resolved. Batteries reinserted straight away and no problems.

0 Likes
MissAmyLou
First Poster
Options

Only had it less than 3 months and TV is basically still new. The sound going up constantly is driving me nuts and made me regret this purchase. Read some comments. So far, I turned off intelligent mode and the sound is back to normal. Hopefully that solves the problem and praying it doesn’t do it again. 

0 Likes
frednayebi
First Poster
Options

after getting upset and trying to look for a new TV, I searched this board...and YES, remove your battery from the Amazon Firestick remote. I works good as new now. Then I just reinserted the battery in the Firestick remote and everything works on that end also.  

0 Likes
JoshCold
First Poster
Options

Thank you, everyone, I had the same problem pulling the batteries out of the amazon fire remote solved the issue.

0 Likes
danco02
First Poster
Options

I now have the same issue. Very irritating, tv is only a few years old, seems like built-in obsolescence. My Sony lasted 10+ years, my Samsung TV has been terrible and is now unwatchable due to the volume increasing to max at random times. I do see the red light flickering when it starts going. I will certainly not buy another Samsung TV. Cheap garbage.

0 Likes
frednayebi
First Poster
Options

Renove the batteries from your FireStick remote. It will solve your issue 

0 Likes
DB211
First Poster
Options

Same here it started 2 days ago and yes also just over 1 yr old.  First I replaced the batteries that did not help but for about 1 minute.  I have 2 Samsung TV's and both work off the others remotes so I decided to try the others remote BUT I had the 2 remotes together. Then the older TV's remote stopped working on the volume so I went to try the remotes on the older Samsung TV and then the volume went up to 100 and I could not keep it down.  Finally I decided to take the batteries out of the remote for the newer TV and that fixed the problem!!!! It is in the remote!!  I now just have 1 remote to work both TV's but it is better then the alternatives! 

0 Likes
HotSonic
First Poster
Options

This is it. This is the thing. Settings > General > Intelligent Mode Settings > Active Voice Amplifier and/or Adaptive Sound and/or Adaptive Volume. For us it was turning the “Active Voice Amplifier” setting off that fixed it. We were noticing that often newscasters would get really loud, really quickly. We have had technicians from Samsung to mess with it but they were always changing hardware; they replaced the motherboard. Hardware repairs seem to have fixed general volume bursts but voices were still doing it. Not anymore, now it is fixed!

0 Likes