Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv volume goes up by itself

(Topic created on: 15-07-2020 07:03 AM)
Stormes
Journeyman
Options

After exactly one year, My UN65NU8000 tv volume goes up by itself. I did reset the setting but didn't help. I noticed the red led light keep plinking so I covered it by a paper to be able to control the volume. I searched online and found many had the same issue but none of them mentioned how they fixed it if they could. Any advice what is the issue??

36 REPLIES 36
AndrewL
Options
@Stormes: If you go to Home > Settings > Sound > Expert Settings > Auto Volume, and disable this feature, does this resolve your query?
Chandu
Apprentice
Options

Bro.. Now im facing the same problem with my MI Tv... What to do... How ur problem solved??? 

Stormes
Journeyman
Options

I coverd the sensor and removed the batteries from the remote. Put the batteries back and keep the sensor covered for a day and check it out. I used external speakers for few days till the issue stoped by itslef.

Uturn
Student
Options

My Frame TV (2020) is less than a week old and also doing this. The sound does not show it as increased or decreased on the TV, the volume number remains the same while the sound is all over the place. I have deactivated the automatic sound option and unplugged and rebooted. It still does it. I have removed the batteries from the only other remote control in my house, which goes to the cable box. I have nothing but the HDMI for the cable box hooked up to the Connect One. 

I see this may be a frequent issue based on YouTube videos showing how to remove the cover off the back of the TV and disconnect this or that to try to fix it. I am not touching my brand new TV. If it keeps doing this I will have to call service. This is annoying after paying a premium for a Frame TV to have it arrive with a problem. It also in the first two days was burning in images on the screen, like banners from the new channel. They would stay burned into the screen for a few hours on several channels and in ambient mode. Eventually they faded and so far that issue seems to be resolved. Maybe when brand new the diodes burn a little hotter or something. 

Stormes
Journeyman
Options
Nope, this didn’t solve the issue. It goes up again. I even reset the tv to manufacture and did not solve the issue.
0 Likes
Stormes
Journeyman
Options

If it is still under warranty, you can ask Samsung to fix it. You are right, do not open like thses kind of devices unless fixing it by professional would cost close to the price of the item. For me the one year is already passed and I made mistake by not buying extended warranty from best buy because I know Samsung tvs are the best.

0 Likes
Uturn
Student
Options

thank you! But I think I've fixed it. There is a bunch of room-sensing sound settings under General --> Intelligent Mode Settings that are supposed to control the sound based on noise in the room and other "conditions." I shut those off and it isn't going loud and soft anymore. I think this was the cause. I had also tried changing the HDMI cable and interestingly it made the TV much softer. I went from listening on 20 to requiring it on 60 to be able to hear it. I switched back to the old HDMI, then I found the Intelligent Mode settings and they are suspect. Thanks for your helpful comments. 

Chandu
Apprentice
Options

Bro.. . I contacted TV technicians they are saying MOTHER BOARD HAS GONE .. It will cosy around 10K . I dont know what to do  Please help me guys.? !!!! 

0 Likes
Chandu
Apprentice
Options

Nooo

0 Likes