Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV suddenly 'unable to connect to network' Error code 202 . Can anyone help?

(Topic created on: 26-03-2022 10:32 AM)
Shales03
Student
Options

My Samsung TV (model UTU700 43 inch) has been set up and working for about a year now. However, 2 days ago it stopped being able to connect to the internet. It says it is connected to the local network but not to the internet. However, my network connection is fine and all my other device are working on the internet as usual. When I tried connecting it to my phone 4g (i.e a different network) it came up with the same issue. 

The television had auto updates turned on so it should be up to date. I have tried turning it on and off again. I have also tried turning my router on and off again. 

Can anyone help?

Error shown in network settings on TV below?

'Unable to connect to the network

1)Try logging in to your internet service network 2)Try contacting your internet service provider for more information'

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When you turn both the TV and router on and off wait 30 seconds between those actions so the RAM has a chance to clear.

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Does it connect with an ethernet cable
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When you turn both the TV and router on and off wait 30 seconds between those actions so the RAM has a chance to clear.
Shales03
Student
Options

Thank you everyone for your quick responses! Turning both off at the same time and leaving 30 seconds did the trick. Thank you so much!

willjoe
Explorer
Options

How do I fix Error 202 on my Samsung TV?
I had to call my cable company and they walked me through these steps:
Unplug the modem, and let it power off.
Unplug the wifi router, and let it power off.
Unplug the TV, and let it power off.
Plug in the modem, and let it power up.
Plug in wifi router, and let it power up.
Plug in the TV, and let it power up.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Kcbrewron
First Poster
Options

I am having this issue as well. A couple of odd items to note.

1) this started on one TV and is now happening on a second a day later.

2) I can connect to the internet even though it says it can't. Netflix will still play shows on both TV's but Samsung app store and network tests indicate or can't connect to the internet. Amazon prime, Hulu, and sling TV all fail to load.

I've done all the reset steps and now have no apps on one of the TV's nagging it worse than only having Netflix. I've called support and now they're directing me to a technician. I'm sure that's going to cost me since the TV's are not than a year old and not under warranty

0 Likes
Juliana07
First Poster
Options

I’m having the SAME problem. How did you fix it?

0 Likes
Benjamin Tong
First Poster
Options

Similar to other posts, this afternoon tried to access Netflix via the Samsung SMART TV app and it wouldn't load.  "Cannot connect to the internet".  Error code 202.  Tried all of the suggestions of unplugging the modem, wifi router, and TV and none of it helped.  Ultimately, what worked was reset the TV (model Q8DA) and network settings.  In order to do that, you do need to input a PIN.  And with the "smart" remote with no numbers, one user did suggest having to "pair" the remote to the TV, that I don't remember doing previously.  Simultaneously push and hold the "back" and "play/pause" buttons allowed the "pairing" to happen.  After that, when requested for the PIN, you have to push the "123" button and the numbers pop up on the screen.  Not very user friendly, but it ultimately worked.  You have to re login to the Samsung TV, and also the Netflix app, but finally able to use it again.  Good luck to all!  -Ben

0 Likes