Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at bottom of screen

(Topic created on: 13-03-2017 03:38 PM)
Jengar
Apprentice
Options

We have a 55JU6800 TV which is just 18 months old.   We have a problem that started a few months ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  Now, though, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   Has anyone else had the same problem and is there a fix for it?

Go to solution
207 REPLIES 207
Westylondon
Student
Options

As a disclaimer, I posted this original thread years ago and I no longer give a ***** but for the benefit of the the poor people who are experiencing the same issues I had please take my advice and just accept it as a lesson learned, follow what I’ve done and do not buy another Samsung product again and advise anybody you know of the same, they will not care who defects from their products due to their size but at least you can take satisfaction in the fact that you have learned a valuable lesson not to buy ***** Samsung products ever again!

0 Likes
Thiscompanysucks100
First Poster
Options

I just bought a Samsung TV and it was a horrible mistake. It's the absolute worst interface. I think a bunch of monkeys could have done a better job programming this thing. Absolute *****. My Netflix has sound but no picture because the ******* that wrote this TV software don't know that when I turn it off I want it to turn 100% completely off not just go into pause mode. I swear to God I would just start screaming racist tirades right now but someone would try to cancel me. This is absolutely the worst TV I've ever purchased and I really wish they would bring this stuff back to America and create a TV here that actually works.

0 Likes
Members_3rgsZCT
Student
Options

Absolute legend

0 Likes
Members_3rgsZCT
Student
Options

Tell us more

0 Likes
KD96
First Poster
Options
I have just got this tv and I have set it up and everything and all the screen is fine but there is a shadow along the bottom just would like to No why its doing that Screenshot_20231121-104254_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
tnwoodman
First Poster
Options

I have just bought the same model and have noticed the same, approx 3mm horizontal shadedine at bottom of the screen. Have you done anything with this or is it normal?

0 Likes
Nimrod01
Explorer
Options

I had mine repaired and the engineer claimed to have changed the backlight screen, however within 6 months the same faults occurred again, so back it went for repair. The TV last without problem for about 2 years, then outside extended Warranty, but started to behave in similar way again, only intermittently. So now we’ve binned it. Enough enough and we don’t buy Samsung products any more.

0 Likes
AaronJosh
Student
Options

The smart technician found out that the problem was the backlight at the bottom was easily burned because the cable going to the bottom backlight was shorter than the cable going to the top backlight. They suggest changing the cable to an equal length before changing the burned backlight. I was not convinced to repair anymore so I have no idea if it works.

0 Likes