Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV (QE43Q60AA) Freesat Recording Issues

(Topic created on: 19-01-2022 09:57 AM)
Chris JH
Journeyman
Options

I've just bought our first Samsung TV and it's rather disappointing that a feature that's been available for years is such a problem. Searching through the messages here shows it's obviously a common issue. It's frustrating because our 10 year old Panasonic records everything perfectly.  

It's been a problem since we purchased the TV, but yesterday is typical:

• two scheduled recordings failed completely
  • one started 20 minutes late but finished recording at the correct time
  • the last one, an hour-long programme which started recording on time at at 22:00 was still recording when I switched the TV on at 07:30 this morning

This is clearly a software issue. 

I know I can probably find the programmes by searching on iPlayer, ITV Hub etc. but it's so much more convenient to browse the schedule, select the programmes I want to record and then leave the TV (in theory) to do it for me.

What's the solution? Take the TV back and replace it with a Panasonic? The problem is we really like everything else about it. The picture quality is excellent, and the remote is easy to use. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

How do I record Freesat HD on my Samsung TV?

https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-record-freesat-hd-on-my-samsung-tv/
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Can you use the Android Freesat app to set recordings on the TV? You may have more joy doing that if the TV supports it. My old Humax box did but I don't know what is integrated for Freesat on Samsung TVs.
Chris JH
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thanks for the link. There's nothing there that helps with this problem. The external USB hard drive is working, and has recorded some programmes, but the recording operation is very hit and miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.    

0 Likes
Chris JH
Journeyman
Options

I'll have to have a look and see if it's possible. Thanks for the suggestion. 

0 Likes
Chris JH
Journeyman
Options

Guys, I've done some experimentation over the last few days. I've found that setting up recordings manually works perfectly. I can input channel, date, time and even set up a series of recordings, same programme Monday To Friday, and it works perfectly.

So that proves that the basic recording operation is sound. The issue then seems to be that the flags that tell the processor that  the programme is starting/stopping are not being picked up. 

Any thought?

0 Likes