Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

65Q Constant System Notifications and Not Taking Inputs

(Topic created on: 19-01-2022 02:02 PM)
JamieNP
First Poster
Options

Hello,

We purchased a 65Q late last year and have been have a few issues with it. It started with getting regular notifications that the network cable was disconnected, even though I was using wifi and had never connected a cable. Eventually I ended up connecting it via cable so haven't seen that happen since.

However some time after that we started getting frequent notifications about the microphone being turned off  and turned on again. Sometimes we would go hours without getting any and then we'd get them constantly over and over. 

We are also now suffering from a new issue in which the TV won't take any inputs, either from the remote its self, my Nvidia shield remote that was previously interacting with it via CEC, or even the off button that is on the TV. Can't change volume, can't bring up or navigate menus, can't turn the TV off (though turning the shield off does still cause the TV to also turn off). If it weren't that we were using the Nvidia Shield, which still works fine apart from being unable to control the TVs volume, the TV would basically be a brick right now, despite working perfectly in terms of Picture and Sound quality.

Anyone got any idea what the hell is going on with it?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

How can I solve Remote control operation problem?

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/how-can-i-solve-remote-control-operation-probl...
0 Likes
JamieNP
First Poster
Options

Seems like the input part of the problem is to do with the TVs IR receiver then. I just realised the Nvidia Shield was actually set to the change the volume via IR but the TVs standby state by CEC, so that explains why the I could put it on Standby with the Nvidia remote but still not change volume. Changing the Nvidia volume control to CEC does allow me to control the volume again.

Though this doesn't explain why the actual standby button the TV doesn't even work. Only thing I can think is that it is located in the same area as the IR receiver and that whole component of the TV is busted somehow.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
You could try contacting support
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
Explaining the issue
If still have warranty on tv
Mabe a fault
0 Likes