Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus will not load

(Topic created on: 25-06-2020 08:13 PM)
LollyWG
First Poster
Options

Our television was purchased early 2018 - I don't remember the model number at the moment as I am at work but it is a UE50MU...........   About 2 weeks ago the TV Plus app would not load.  Every time I tried to select a film it switched to one of the other 4000/4001/4002 or 4003 channels.  I contacted Samsung and they looked at the television remotely.  Reset the Smart Hub twice, reset the television three times and still had the same problem.  I was told by Samsung that it is an app issue and to contact TV Plus.  TV Plus say its a Samsung problem.  Then last night another problem appeared.  We couldn't get any terrestrial channels.  I have the Live TV Terrestrail app where the television scanned for all the digital channels, but it wouldn't connect and said there is no connection.   I then tried TV Plus and was surprised to see that the television channels were on there.  Initially selected BBC one but it then went blank.  Then after trying again selected BBC one again and managed to watch the programme.  I am now concerned that our television has more problems just than an App not loading.  

Has anyone else experienced problems with their apps or television?

Many thanks for your comments,

Lorraine

30 REPLIES 30
Mike_EE
First Poster
Options

Hi - 

I recently purchased two of the TVs metioned in the subject for my office. I noticed that TV Plus worked the day that they were initially powered but TV Plus hasn't worked since because of connection issues. I tried connecting to several different networks in my office (all coming through the ISP's modem and our firewall) with the same negative result but found that it will work if I connect through my phone's hotspot.

So the question becomes: what port, or ports, does TV Plus use? I need to know this to configure my network appropriately.

Thanks,

Mike_EE

0 Likes
Yfyggy
First Poster
Options

Mine is really slow and loads channels 4002 that are not there. Sorry I have no solution except I won't be buying Samsung again

0 Likes
Wldrose23
First Poster
Options

Ill be watching my TV plus then all of a sudden it will say error server not available.  Please check your connection. But everything else works. It will flash back and forth to the blue screen or black screen. 

0 Likes
JA70
First Poster
Options

Mine said it couldn't connect to server. My Wi-fi connection had no issues reset my tv and it still didn't work. I went through my settings changed my clock time to manual and re selected my language. I then went back and changed my clock to automatic and retried TV plus and the channels came back on.

0 Likes
EZDUZIT
First Poster
Options

Hit the home key to access menu and then scroll to the left till you reach settings.  Once there you'll see the sub menu then scroll all the way to the right to access device manager and select. Proceed to clean memory boost,clean now, and delete apps you dont use to manage storage.Scroll left to settings and up once to quick settingsScroll left to settings and up once to quick settings

Once in quick settings scroll all the way right and select device managerOnce in quick settings scroll all the way right and select device manager

Once here select each one of the tabsOnce here select each one of the tabs

0 Likes
BeccaT
Journeyman
Options

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions. However, when I go to settings there is nothing that states Device Manager.  I have looked all over. No luck.

Station_Head
First Poster
Options

If you don't mind my askingwhat model tv  do you have & what firmware version  your Tv is.? 

0 Likes
EZDUZIT
First Poster
Options

TV 65" URU800D

Current firmware is 1361

Set to auto update

0 Likes
sallycrosby
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue all day today. After I read your post I unplugged my TV for five minutes or so, and it worked!

Thank you for your solution.

0 Likes
Chum1
First Poster
Options

Same. Unplugged tv for 5 minutes, it works now.

0 Likes