Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps muting

(Topic created on: 19-03-2022 01:27 PM)
Psf90
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

My Samsung TU7100 (model number: UE43TU7100KXXU) keeps muting and i dont know why. It started when I thought I accidently pressed the mute button but the problem seems bigger. It now keeps on muting mid programme and whenever a new episode starts. Additionally the mute symbol occasionally appears in the corner and flashes. My boyfriend and I have tried to resolve the issue with no luck and it is ruining our viewing experience. I dont know what has happened or how to rectify this. The TV is only about 2 years old. Has anyone else had this issue. Can it be resolved?

Any help appreciated

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Trailbreaker24
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Going from one episode to the next. It started happening after getting a replacement tv. (Old tv was a Samsung too.) I thought it had to do with our Paramount+ app, but now it has happened on Hulu+ as well. I do have the old Samsung sound bar connected to the new tv if that helps any.

0 Likes
Antonis562
First Poster
Options

Hello I have the same problem in a freshly out of the box Samsung neoqled  qn800a 8k 65 TV. Was this problem solved somehow? TV is almost always on mute and the mute icon keeps flashing.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Antonis562: Underneath the Home button on your Smart remote are two thin horizontal buttons. These buttons protrude higher above the surface than the other buttons on the remote control. The one on the left is the volume button and the one on the right is the channel button. If you press inward on the Volume rocker, then this will mute the volume, therefore you may wish to check whether this button is sticking, just in case this is the source of your unexpected mutes. 

0 Likes
Whyisthishappening
First Poster
Options

I am having the same exact experience.  So frustrating- 10 minutes into watching the TV will suddenly mute.  I thought I hit something on the remote, googled this and learned there is a way to accidentally mute the TV but that wasn’t the issue…changed the remote batteries.  Another ridiculous Samsung issue - the remote cover had to be pryed open with a sharp knife as it was so locked in place!!  Nothing works to get the sound back??  How did you finally resolve this as it has ruined my viewing experience as well…

0 Likes
Mikesinlex
First Poster
Options

I’ve noticed if I hide the remote under something this stops but mine started doing it this past week.   So annoying. 

0 Likes
Joy14
First Poster
Options

Someone keeps doing that to my TV. My someone keeps muning mine TV also so you're not the only one and I don't know how they're doing that either

0 Likes