Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU7000 and Sky HDR intermittent black screen

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 08:29 PM)
Camelface
Explorer
Options

Hi  there

I've recently purchased a Samsung TU7000 UHD TV which is generally great. The only issue I have is when viewing the very few new HDR offerings through Sky Q. 

I get an intermittent black screen flash up for a second or 2 at random intervals although the audio carries on. The TV picks up that's it's an HDR HLG signal as this shows on the TV display. The problem doesn't happen on normal UHD viewings. I've tried a different 18gb speed HDMI cable but the issue still exists.

Can any of you Sammy experts shed any light on a possible fix please? 

Thanks

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
asiben
Journeyman
Options

Oh no. What a nightmare. Thank you for getting back so quickly. Is there a way to stop sky outputting HDR? I’ve managed to turn it off on the Disney Plus app and that’s fixed it, but can’t seem to do it for Netflix/Sky channels. I saw another poster said they ch aged their external settings manager to turn of UHD HDR but I can’t find this setting on my tv

Camelface
Explorer
Options
The TV setting is under three general tab, external device manager, input signal plus. If you turn input signal plus off for the relevant HDMI input you will no longer get the intermittent black screen but you will also no longer be getting any HDR content from the Sky Q box. Input Signal Plus seems to be what Sammy have called HDR on this model. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
asiben
Journeyman
Options

Absolute hero. Worked immediately. One final question; with that turned off, does UHD still work for everything else?

Camelface
Explorer
Options
No probs. Yeah UHD will be fine, you just won't get the benefits of HDR. Any HDR content you view will just be shown in standard 4k UHD.
0 Likes
asiben
Journeyman
Options

Amazing.UHD is fine for me. You’ve made my evening, been driving me mad for days. Thank you

0 Likes
Camelface
Explorer
Options
No worries. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. With Sky adding more HDR content, more people will experience the issue and hopefully put pressure on Sky/Sammy to sort it.
0 Likes
asiben
Journeyman
Options

FYI the new Sky Q box (v3) doesn’t have this issue and HDR and Input Signal Plus works fine. If you’ve got the problem request an updated box from Sky. 

0 Likes