Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeshift Failed To Record

(Topic created on: 13-12-2020 12:05 PM)
markduffill
Student
Options

When attempting to use Timeshift to pause while watching a live broadcast I now get the message 'Failed To Record'. I can record a program from the Channel List, or using the record current program feature, so this proves that the HDD is working and is able to record.

I had this problem once before, and saw a post on the forum that suggested the need to reformat the HHD, which I did, and then Timeshift started to work again.

I could reformat it again, but I don't see why this should continue to be necessary.

In my view the TV does not work as described, so is either faulty or has a design flaw or bug in the software.

The TV is QLED Q55R and the HDD is Seagate 2TB.

4 REPLIES 4
Noj_
Journeyman
Options

I had a similar problem on my Q9 last year, I even purchased another 2tb ssd Seagate like you've got. My fix, I eventually worked out (after much swearing and pulling out hair).

If your local digital frequency supplier for you tv tuner has recently been updated with new channels and also moved a few around without you having updated your channel list, it throws your recording schedule into disarray hence problems with with your programmed recordings.

Try my fix.....  Re-tune  the channels, also regularly re-tune your channel list, it works for me if it ever does it again, just wish someone had posted it somewhere on the net to save me the stress

😱😭😱🤯😱

Hope it solves yours and anyone else's related issue

🤞

0 Likes
markduffill
Student
Options

Just tried that but the problem remains. Re-tuned channels. Tried to pause but get the same error, 'Faile to record'

Hal1
Apprentice
Options

I had the problem that my TV would not record - "Failed to record" message came up.  I also found that when I deleted recordings from the hard drive, the storage size did not change.  I suspected a problem with the drive. So I plugged the hard drive into the PC, went to properties>Tools>Error checking.  It found an error on the hard drive and then fixed it.  Exited the drive from the PC and back to the TV.  I could now delete TV programmes and the file size on HD reduced.  So a step in the right direction.  But still wouldn't record.  So took HD off and back to the PC to check again for errors - found another error and fixed it.  Back to the TV - still wouldn't record. Switched TV off at mains for 10 second and then back on.  And horray....it was all back to normal (whatever normal is nowadays...)

The problem happens when you set too many programmes to record - I think this causes the whole system to malfunction.  I think you can make 30 recording reservations - but be careful, if you record one series which has 10 episodes - that is 10 reservations....

0 Likes
Deadhappypunk
First Poster
Options

So I had this problem too, my fix was much simpler - it seems that certain actions (such as turning off the tv during time shift) have the potential to corrupt the time shift files.

I resolved my issue (following reset and retuning failed to fix it) by deleting the time shift files in the content folder of my HDD using a PC. And hey presto time shift is working again.

0 Likes