Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame TV : cannot add photos

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 04:34 AM)
Frustrated7
Apprentice
Options

 I used to be able to add new photos to the Frame TV but now I can't... The option was greyed out for me without explanation...

4E4A6FC7-B0EE-416E-A9A9-0D04BF7A1D3C.png

107 REPLIES 107
Sparker8
Journeyman
Options

I have this problem too. We bought this TV specifically for the art store feature (even though I think the membership cost is pretty high - would much rather have bought a lifetime membership outright than a subscription) and from Day 1 it's been buggy. Woke up this morning to find it had changed to a completely different artwork to my chosen one. Had to restart everything and search far and wide to get back to the original, which took about 30 minutes. Then decided to put some more photos up and went down the rabbit hole of discovering that Smartview is no longer supported and Smartthings wouldn't recognise my TV. After an hour of googling and trying different things (no thanks to Samsung's online help, which comes up bottom on my google searches) I tried adding smartthings app on the tv as well as my phone, and it finally worked. I breathed a sigh of relief and went to add photos.... only to discover it's greyed out. I'm sure this means my TV is not fit for purpose seeing as that's what I bought it for. Now to working out how to upload via usb. It shouldn't have to be this hard!

0 Likes
BorisNL
Student
Options

Exactly same here….!

Sparker8
Journeyman
Options

To save me a week of googling, any hints on how to register an official complaint?

0 Likes
Sparker8
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same experience here. Tells us to get on the same wifi network when it already is. So frustrating.

0 Likes
Sparker8
Journeyman
Options

Interesting that you can upload on a Samsung phone whereas those of us on iPhones can't. As for your network problem, I had this too. I managed to get that solved by adding the Smartthings app on the TV as well as the phone. I still couldn't upload photos though.

0 Likes
BorisNL
Student
Options

Quite sad to read this, as we all spend so much money together for TV as a frame for pictures, of out own. And then it stops working. This should be a big priority for Samsung to fix. Not getting that feeling, paying premium price. Have been buying Samsung fridge, monitor, great hardware, but they have to live up to expectations for software as well. Quickly.

0 Likes
Rymataclan22
First Poster
Options

Adding that both myself and my wife in the same house cannot get this option to work on our android pixel 6 and 7. 

I think this has been switched off deliberately by Samsung. The fact that older phones with outdated versions of Android CAN access this option reinforces this. 

Total Samsung con. 

0 Likes
CC101
First Poster
Options

This is rubbish as it's been an issue on my android for 2 years

0 Likes
BonnieB
Student
Options

My tv is attached to the wall so no way to access a USB port.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
tuk
Explorer
Options

The usb port should be on the One Connect Box if you have a The Frame-TV.