Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame TV : cannot add photos

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 04:34 AM)
Frustrated7
Apprentice
Options

 I used to be able to add new photos to the Frame TV but now I can't... The option was greyed out for me without explanation...

4E4A6FC7-B0EE-416E-A9A9-0D04BF7A1D3C.png

107 REPLIES 107
CarloUK
Apprentice
Options

Its samsung *****. Always been ***** at customer support thats why i never buy the stuff. This tv is my first and last samsung product. I was warned but sometimes you have to experience it to learn. Best to register an official complaint as they count in their numbers. All the social moaning doesnt count in the official numbers that why they encourage you to go there instead of official complaints

andreap222
First Poster
Options

I am an iPhone (with app up to date) user having the same bad experience.

In the 3 years I’ve had this TV/App it’s never consistently worked properly.

The art experience is the main reason we bought this TV (and spent what we did) and not being able to display the art we want to through the app is frustrating.

We have also had trouble with the sensor turning the TV on and off completely randomly. This is an issue other people I know have had recently as well. 

Often the app can’t recognize the network and says it’s not connected (even when it is obviously connected and is performing *some* functions the internet is required for.)

Feels like a lot of the perks we paid a premium for when purchasing the Samsung Frame haven’t been worth it. 

I want to love this TV and the potential is there - but we need a fix to the problems! And at a bare minimum an estimated timeline of how long until it will be working like it’s supposed to?!

52E05821-29BC-4DD8-9546-4A720202F3DD.jpeg

34C4FCCD-E2FA-4BB2-B85C-1F0E4A62DBC1.jpeg

Ludovicuss
Apprentice
Options

I completely agree with your remarks. In the settings you should be able to set your preferences about the sensor. I wonder if there’s somebody of the customer service of Samsung following these remarks and complaints? They should give some perspective to us, their clients, about when all these issues are going to be resolved. I already posted my feedback in the App Store with a low score, but no reactions heard. Why don’t they make a small dedicated app, as it was in the beginning?

Wish you all a nice and happy 2023, with better support from Samsung and some beautiful new photo’s and art on the Frame! I hope some dedicated Samsung employee will read this also and takes this seriously to the next level of what could be a nice product that deserves to be one of our favourites. Samsung where have you been all this time ? LV

alexgee145
First Poster
Options

I’ve got the same exact issue - iPhone 13 Pro; latest iOS and latest app. Just won’t allow me to upload my own photos any more. Wish they would sort this asap - it’s one of the key selling points of the Frame

annaen
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue, on an iPhone 13 and a 2019 The Frame! Version 1.6.93 of SmartThings

0 Likes
HHW
First Poster
Options

Jumping on the bandwagon to tell Samsung to do better for fox sake. 

blipblopbloop8
First Poster
Options

Another very frustrated customer here. I bought the Frame very specifically so that I could put family photos on it and this has been broken for ages with pages and pages of complaints in this thread. It needs to be fixed. I have an iPhone 12 and have tried everything mentioned in this topic thread but none of it works – the ADD YOUR PHOTOS+ button remains greyed out/deactivated. @TessM please respond with a fix! Than you

Ashley15
First Poster
Options

I’m not able to add photos either. 

0 Likes
jofae
Student
Options

I just got the new Frame and I work on Samsung phone. I manage to connect the two machines. I can even upload a photo under the "My Album" Section under Dynamic Filter or Auto Gallery, etc. BUT I cannot open "my photos and simply upload a photo. Same problem with the round icon that allows to upload a photo. 

I am getting then the message, i would need to be on the same network or the Frame would need to be switched on. But the Frame is on, and I am on the same network - otherwise the other functions would not run either. 

I do not understand what is wrong with this smart app and the frame. in one part the connectivity is recognized and in another part total failure.

tuk
Explorer
Options

Getting the exact same error while trying to upload images from my OnePlus 6.

Combine that with the horrible backlight bleeding and broken sensor (Night mode doesn't work and the Art mode doesn't turn off by itself after X min of no motion detected), this is easily the worst tv I've ever owned. Even worse: Samsung is dead silent, the only thing they told me was that the backlight bleeding was "within specifications". Never buying anything from Samsung again.