Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame TV : cannot add photos

(Topic created on: 11-12-2022 04:43 PM)
Frustrated7
Apprentice
Options

 I used to be able to add new photos to the Frame TV but now I can't... The option was greyed out for me without explanation...

4E4A6FC7-B0EE-416E-A9A9-0D04BF7A1D3C.png

107 REPLIES 107
mfury
Journeyman
Options

Another question for people: do you have a separate WiFi network for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz? I have a combined Orbi 2.4 and 5. I’ve seen problems with this before on other devices such as smart switches or plugs. 

0 Likes
citizen608
Apprentice
Options

I was also very conscious of this, as I've also experienced problems like that before, and particularly after I was getting the note about connecting to the same network on my Android device. Note that with a combined network, it is actually two different networks with the same name, and the device chooses the one that's most strong and/or compatible. Because of this, there have been times where I've uncombined the networks or turned one off entirely for troubleshooting. Didn't help here.

But I'm done futzing with this thing: I'm resigned to just loading up images on a USB drive on my laptop, and plugging it into the main unit. It works, but so much for a more convenient, premium experience.

mfury
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for verifying that. I figured the same thing. 

I just wrote Samsung support about the issue to see what I’d get back and they literally replied within 5 minutes. Not sure if that’s good or bad 😂 

“I would like to inform you that the issue of uploading photos in art mode on iPhones is currently a known issue and is being investigated.

Unfortunately, there is no ETA on a fix for the issue. In the meantime, confirm if you are able to access the art mode directly from the TV and upload photos via USB.”

0 Likes
Alan Foushee
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue — tv & app are all up to date .. have you found a solution? This is the reason we purchased this tv in the first place 

Frustrated7
Apprentice
Options

Alan I gave up on the app. What I did is loading the images/ photos into a USB thumb drive and plug the thumb drive in to upload the photos. That works for now even though it's more troublesome

Frustrated7
Apprentice
Options

Guys I know it's not an ideal solution but I just gave up on the app. What I did is loading the images/ photos into a USB thumb drive and plug the thumb drive in to upload the photos. That works for now even though it's more troublesome. 

CarloUK
Apprentice
Options

Lol usual s****y samsung service. Thats why i never buy anything samsung. Im stuck with the frame problems. Next tv wont be samsung. 

PacificRaquel
First Poster
Options

I have been having this very same issue for MONTHS now. We have tried re-installing and nothing has worked. I came to this thread hoping to find a solution, only to be disappointed ☹️

mfury
Journeyman
Options

Yup. The only thing that works at the moment is a USB stick. Once you get the photos on the stick though it’s really easy. I was kind of hoping it would see the usb drive on my network somehow. 

0 Likes
Jennyontheblock
First Poster
Options

I just downloaded my art to the USB like others suggested. It works! It's a pain in the A, but I finally have my Christmas scene on my Frame TV. I did EVERYTHING & plugging in the usb directly to the box is the only thing that works. At least there is a temporary solution. This is very disappointing to pay this much $ for a TV that markets itself to convert your TV into art & for it to take HOURS to get it to work.