Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame TV : cannot add photos

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 10:36 AM)
Frustrated7
Apprentice
Options

 I used to be able to add new photos to the Frame TV but now I can't... The option was greyed out for me without explanation...

4E4A6FC7-B0EE-416E-A9A9-0D04BF7A1D3C.png

107 REPLIES 107
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Frustrated7 ,

I am sorry to hear that, and I would like to have a look at this with you. May I ask what phone are you using to do this? Have you checked if there are any pending updates available for the SmartThings app? 

ashleyjowhite
Student
Options

I'm having the same problem.  I reset my tv on smart things because it was not even showing it online. It allowed me to reconnect but I am unable to upload photos.  The Add Your Photos button in art mode is greyed out for me as well. 

ashleyjowhite
Student
Options

I also just reinstalled my smart things app before resetting. 

frustrated customer
First Poster
Options

same thing is happening for me, explain??

0 Likes
citizen608
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here, for months — Additionally, if you go into Browse / My Collection, there’s an “Uploading Image…” square under “Photos on the Frame.” This is with the latest Smartthings app on an iPhone 12.

DF3C1CF0-7A87-4247-86E5-269DB7DC4A78.jpeg

mfury
Journeyman
Options

Wow! EXACT same problem. Not sure how long it’s been happening but at least a couple of months. Everything you all describe including the screenshots are my problem as well. I’ve tried everything to no avail. I’m on iOS 16.1.1 iPhone 14 Pro Max. It has to be an iPhone iOS issue because my old Google Pixel 2 works fine and I don’t even have service on it. 

also want to mention my iPad with iPadOS 16 also does NOT work. 

Matthieu Tourlouse
First Poster
Options

Same for me 😞

0 Likes
citizen608
Apprentice
Options

I was able to replicate the same issue on an Android tablet as well -- The only difference was a message that flashed up briefly saying "To use this function, turn on The Frame and connect The Frame and your smartphone to the same network." The Frame was on and connected to the same 5Ghz wifi network as the tablet.

@TessM -- Any further insights here?

mfury
Journeyman
Options

That’s interesting! Using my old pixel was the only way I could upload. Hmmm definitely a different theory then and a wider problem?

0 Likes