Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame Slideshow feature request

(Topic created on: 15-03-2020 03:58 PM)
JR15
Student
Options

Hello, I have had The Frame in my living room for a little while now, and I have found that the slideshow desperately needs the following features: 

• Randomize the Slideshow Sequence - When showing a collection, the sequence always starts at the beginning of the collection. We need to be able to randomize the order in which the art is being shown so that it doesn't always start with the same thing. 

• Skip to the next picture - During the Slideshow, the ability to skip to the previous or next picture would be highly useful. We should be able to use the currently unassigned Left or Right arrow buttons to do this. Sometimes when viewing, .e.g a curated collection, something will come that is undesireable, or sometimes it can even scary for my children! When this happens, my only recourse is to start the collection over again from the first slide. 

• Set a default mode for the Mat. I don't like the virtual frames that get put around the pictures. In some cases it looks ridiculous and totally unconvincing. I would like to default the Mat to only fill the whole frame, no digital whitespace around it. Having to set this on a picture by picture basis is not good. If the picture cannot fill the frame, then I do not want to show it. 
133 REPLIES 133
teddan
First Poster
Options

I can't find the slideshow feature??

Can someone please tell where I find the Slideshow feature. Thanks!

0 Likes
Hawkian
Journeyman
Options

On the art selection screen if you press up on the remote while in any collection (I.e. favorites) and choose start rotation

0 Likes
bob808
First Poster
Options

I would like to see the ability to set a rotation that can rotate between art-store favorites and personal picture uploads - right now it seems to be one or the other only (if it isnt then please explain how I can do this?)

Thanks!

Hawkian
Journeyman
Options

You can "Favorite" both uploads and art store pieces, and then start the rotation from "Favorites" to include all of those you've flagged.

Pim66
First Poster
Options

It would be great if Samsung adds the Android app Fotoo  to the app store - Digital Photo Frame Photo Slideshow Player. It's the best player I've seen until now. See https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bo.fotoo&hl=nl

0 Likes
jeddog
Apprentice
Options

shame its not for all art work..

0 Likes
lkroeker
Student
Options

So ridiculous that there's no random image function, or ability to set a default Mat for all photos that doesn't sit on the edges of the image. (pro-tip: only printed images need to have a bleed zone for framing, why the f**k would anyone want to lose more of their image for a digital Mat?)

Seems like they only gave one intern a month to develop this Art Mode and slideshow system.  Definitely not what people expect from a premium product. 

montiff
First Poster
Options

Any updates on this?

Louuisc
Apprentice
Options

I bough The Frame in 2019 but I cannot see the start rotate option? In the option, there is only 'favourite' and 'mount'. Samsung is so hopeless...

0 Likes
roadtechtravelled
First Poster
Options

Id like to be able to set my own default rotation frequency. No matter how many times I change it to 10 mins, it goes back to 6 hrs.