Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The Frame (2021), Xbox Series X and Firmware 1506

(Topic created on: 26-05-2021 12:36 AM)
BrontoTaurus
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

We got 2x The Frame 65" 2021 and 2x Xbox Series X.

Two days ago one frame suddenly stopped working with the HDMI "Game Port".

The day after the other one experienced the same and now none of the TV's HDMI "Game Port" works with the Xbox. TV's just displays a "check input power source" message.

Connecting the XBOX to another HDMI-port works fine.

I checked the latest firmware @ Samsung support page and it says 1506 was made available last week, so my hypothesis is that it breaks "HDMI Game-port" functionality when using the xbox series x 4k/120hz.

I've played around with disabling VRR, HDR etc. on the xbox to no avail. Also had Samsung support remove into the TVs and first reset EDID(?) and then full factory reset.

Didn't fix the issue.

Currently using another HDMI for the Xbox but would prefer to get it back into the GAME-port as this supposedly provides a better picture and VRR-support etc.

Anyone got ideas? :smiling-face: 

Go to solution
403 REPLIES 403
Rspec
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately I can't find that update on the website only the 1901. Which didn't fix it for me

0 Likes
CalumH
Explorer
Options

I have just downloaded 1808.1 and it does now work

0 Likes
Álvaro Contente
Apprentice
Options

How do you get this update? I’ve seen on the website but I only find the 1805.4 version. 

Jasonn757
Student
Options
Forgot to mention I am in the UK, so not sure which other regions this is available for. Link to where I got the update from for my 55" model. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE55LS03AAUXXU/
0 Likes
Shpounz
Pioneer
Options

This update did not solve the problem for me. Are you in 4K HDR 120hz?

0 Likes
Jasonn757
Student
Options
Yes been testing for a while have had 4k 120 & HDR with vrr on Xbox. Ps5 was on 4k HDR, however didn't test a game at 120 on the ps5. Prior to the update the ps5 would not even display on hdmi 4 , but now appears to work correctly.
0 Likes
CalumH
Explorer
Options

It just does the same old thing for me.

As soon as the tv detects that the device connected is the Xbox it black screens and then tells me the Xbox isn’t turned on. No idea how you have managed to get it to work

0 Likes
Jasonn757
Student
Options
Not sure why is working for me. Support had reset the TV to factory defaults earlier in the day, but that didn't solve it. Did the update, initially had the Xbox set to output at 1080p which I could get to work on hdmi 4 prior to the update. After the update increased resolution to 4k and this time worked. Prior to the update the calibrate HDR function on the Xbox was making my TV black screen and show that it isn't turned on.
0 Likes
Mescalamba
Pioneer
Options

In theory you can try to disable auto-detect. It made my HDMI 4 able to display almost as good as HDMI 1-3. No HDMI 2.1 at all tho. 😕

"Secret" code for disabling auto-detect (must be done when TV is switched to TV channel, not HDMI input).

Mute, Volume Down, Channel Down, Mute

Needs to be done fairly fast to work.

After all patches, HDMI 4 is possible to be used almost as good as other slots, but in the end its still useless cause for me its definitely just HDMI 2.0b. And it tends to black out now and then (not so stable).

Using 1808, nothing newer than found so far (EU model, so outside firmware doesnt work anyway).

0 Likes
ArreBarre
Apprentice
Options

I have version 1805 and am trying to download 1901 Firmware. When I connect USB to TV and try to update, TV says that there is no new version available! 

Help before i kick out the TV ... 

0 Likes