Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Switching between video sources on my RU8009

(Topic created on: 10-12-2019 07:12 PM)
tehabe
Navigator
Options

I own a brand new RU8009 and notice something weird, when I switch between sources, I have a soundbar, blu-ray player, and a chromecast connected to my TV. When I watch a bluray and want to switch back to the TV I only see the splash screen announcing the switch. But the not the TV signal. I can hear it though, I also can access the HbbTV, the Settings and applications from my TV. When I want to switch to my Chromecast I only see the little Chromecast icon.

It also happened when I watched something on my Chromecast and want to switch to the TV or blu-ray player. It is not easy to reproduce.

I can get to work by restarting the TV so that I can see the "Samsung Smart TV" logo.

The TV is updated to the firmware 1335, and I think it is a bug in the firmware, because a full reset did not fix it.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
tehabe
Navigator
Options
it seems, that the culprit is my soundbar, which is weird since it is a Samsung M450. I used to connect it via HDMI/ARC but changed that to optical. But this is just a hint yet. More research and testing is needed.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @tehabe 

That all seems very strange! It might be an idea to 'start from scratch' again and disconnect everything from the TV, then try a reset of the TV, (Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset), and once reset, connect everything back up again to see if this makes any difference.

Your TV is on the latest software available.

0 Likes
tehabe
Navigator
Options

I did reset the TV, but I didn't disconnect all devices before doing so. Will try it though.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No problem. Let us know how you get on, @tehabe.

0 Likes
tehabe
Navigator
Options
No luck, did a reset, reconnected all cables and still it will give me the splash screen when switching from one source to another. This time it happened quicker than before though. And for the first from TV to the Chromecast. A weird problem.
0 Likes
tehabe
Navigator
Options

The Samsung support did a full reset of my TV yesterday. But it didn't fix the issue, they will call me on Monday again. I hope for the next firmware update for my TV to fix this. It could also be a hardware issue though. Who knows?

0 Likes
tehabe
Navigator
Options
Some more observations about the issue:
- Reconnecting the HDMI devices didn't solve the problem
- AirPlay 2 from MacBook Air isn't affected and works fine
- Also I can see the TV picture in the EPG of the TV
- I can see the other sources in the connection guide
- I did a virus scan and after that, the TV source was restored but it was gone when I switched to my Chromecast
Solution
tehabe
Navigator
Options
it seems, that the culprit is my soundbar, which is weird since it is a Samsung M450. I used to connect it via HDMI/ARC but changed that to optical. But this is just a hint yet. More research and testing is needed.
0 Likes
Posisesplace
Student
Options

we’ve just bought a QLED650 and Q800T sound bar. Do we need to switch to optical from hdmi/arc? Will the tv universal remote still control sound? Are there plans to correct this bug? 

0 Likes
Posisesplace
Student
Options

Really annoyed this still isn’t resolved a year on, we’ve just spent a fair bit on brand new 65, 55 and 50cm Samsung TVs and sound bar for the house and not impressed a year on this is still an issue

0 Likes