(Topic created on: 11-11-2019 10:12 AM)
Muhallabr
Journeyman
Options

Hello there. 

When playing TV shows from USB. 

I cant play with the subtitles. 

And when i go to settings

The subtitle (CC) option is set on off and its greyed out.

So i cant change it. 

How can i solve this? 157346691245390325133809127426.jpg

60 REPLIES 60
Q60T Forced Subtitle
First Poster
Options

Hello,

My issue is the subtitles are forced, I have them greyed out and not greyed out, but the subtitles are forced regardless.

Is there a solution? On my older full hd samsung tv there was a tools button which does not exist anymore on the Q60T 55 inch. I can disable and enable the subtitles but they ALWAYS  show regardless. My old TV they can be turned off.

Anybody have suggestion? The files are named the same for the .srt file. The HDD works fine as I've always used this HDD.

I like Samsung TV's but this is driving me up the wall.

0 Likes
changhin
First Poster
Options

Try this:

1. For my case in apple TV plus streaming, during playing the drama,  Press and Hold the mute button. Then you can enable the subtitle function in samsung smart TV.

2. Then, you can Press Up or Down button to turn on/off the subtitle for the drama you are playing.

0 Likes
phanikumar v
First Poster
Options

Install Mkvtoolnix on your laptop or computer, drop movie file into it and deselect existing subtitle in it, then drop srt file into same window, press ok button when it ask, select the srt file you dropped now and choose language as english on right side of window and choose forced flag as yes and click "start multiplexing" on the bottom. Play this new video file in your tv. If subtitle in PGS / Vobsub format then also Samsung TV cannot play it. Find a suitable srt file on web and follow same procedure as above. If anybody want to play a dts audio file ask me. i explain how to do it. You need a pc or laptop for this.

0 Likes
Karim Youssef
Apprentice
Options

Solved: Change the name of the subtitles to be exactly as the name of the media file and make sure that the extension (.srt) remains the same. 

JBeGoode
First Poster
Options

I manage to see with subtitles in my Samsung TV. For me it was a dumb error... I rename my subtitle file with .srt but the file already had the extension but was hidden... 

In the end a was doing this -> movie.srt.srt 

So i just let "movie" because the extension was implicity and voilà! It works!

0 Likes
lucianospa
First Poster
Options

SOLVED >> Work for me this way:

I renamed the subtitle filhe with the same name as file change only extension.

Exemple:

movie file name:  Movie.mp4

subtitle file name: Movie.srt

toretorden
Apprentice
Options

I've inexplicably had this problem for a while. The video files and subtitle files had identical names and were in the same folder, but still subtitles wouldn't show. The options were greyed out in menu.

What worked for me was switching to TV source, finding the subtitle option and changing them around a bit. They showed as ON, but I fiddled around a bit anyways.

Afterwards, the subtitles show again. Voila!

Definitely feels like some Samsung TV bug.

mugox123
Journeyman
Options

me too

0 Likes
mugox123
Journeyman
Options

As for me, yes. Other devices display but the TV doesn't. The model is UA40j5200AK and the subtitles format is *.srt

0 Likes
mugox123
Journeyman
Options

My mp4 files all have subtitles, non of them have ever been displayed on UA40J5200AK, format of the subtitles is *.srt

0 Likes