Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sources - Unknown or HDMI 1

(Topic created on: 02-01-2019 05:02 PM)
jakudo
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Last year, my brother bougt a TV UE55MU6172U. Few weeks ago, I bought a TV UE65NU7172. We both bought Apple TV 4K, connected it to the TVs. His TV recognize it in Sources as Apple TV, rename it to APple TV and change the icon. I've done the same, but always says only HDMI 1 (or 2 or 3...). Any idea why my TV doesn't recognize it? I know it's a minor problem, but I like it the way, my brother has it :smiling-face:

Any idea?

Thanks, Jakub

IMG_1765.jpegIMG_7597.jpeg

37 REPLIES 37
javistxu
First Poster
Options

That’s work for me!! Thanks.

0 Likes
Seth_Gaming_Bfn
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Did you ever get this resolved? I noticed that after the latest Samsung tv update my home apps icons like yours say HDMI unknown? I use PS5 and PC and Chromecast, and my chrome cast home app used to be the original chrome icon now it's only blue and says unknown but it works.

0 Likes
JimMay3
First Poster
Options

No, same issues, new update did nothing to resolve.  Only my sony blueray shows up, chrome, tivo and amazon devices only show up with source name, anoying...

0 Likes
JimMay3
First Poster
Options

can manually enter the name, but looks horriable comparied to the way it used to look.  can only assume its a right issue and someone doesn't what to pay someone for access rights or some *****...

0 Likes
Jc244
Apprentice
Options

I had to reset my tv to factory setting yesterday for an unrelated reason.  I did that, with the Apple TV connected still.  At some point in the process it said it was searching for details of connected devices and I hastily switched the Apple TV on and I now have logo and all just as it should be.

0 Likes
Niquex
Apprentice
Options

Mine is fixed

No idea what or why, but it's definitely fixed, Apple TV is recognized again

I think it was the firmware update for the TV

0 Likes
JimMay3
First Poster
Options

Lucky you, Apple must have paid thier bill...  Got the update too, nothing changed, rest to factory, no luck...

0 Likes
Niquex
Apprentice
Options

Well just to document everything

I'm using the 4K HDR Apple TV and the OS version is 14.3 (18K561)

TV is Samsung QN55Q70R and I'm running software version 1372

One thing I'll add - the "power on" feature no longer works, for some reason -- and it definitely used to.

0 Likes