Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sources - Unknown or HDMI 1

(Topic created on: 02-01-2019 05:02 PM)
jakudo
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Last year, my brother bougt a TV UE55MU6172U. Few weeks ago, I bought a TV UE65NU7172. We both bought Apple TV 4K, connected it to the TVs. His TV recognize it in Sources as Apple TV, rename it to APple TV and change the icon. I've done the same, but always says only HDMI 1 (or 2 or 3...). Any idea why my TV doesn't recognize it? I know it's a minor problem, but I like it the way, my brother has it :smiling-face:

Any idea?

Thanks, Jakub

IMG_1765.jpegIMG_7597.jpeg

37 REPLIES 37
Niquex
Apprentice
Options

I still have not solved this...I gave up.

I messaged back and forth with one of the Samsung reps on Twitter and they wanted me to update the firmware via a USB stick...I was like uhhh no way.  Because if something goes wrong and my TV gets bricked...yeah.  Not worth it.  I asked why I just couldn't update it using the standard internet updater and the rep said that the firmware isn't available over the internet yet...which is weird.  But anyway...I've just learned to live with it.  It's annoying, but it's typical Samsung IMHO.  Not very likely to buy another one of their TVs again.  I think the QLED TV is great but the software is just so buggy and the support is totally lackluster.  I just ran the internet updater again and it still says I have the latest firmware...Which is version 1356.  I think the support rep was just recommending that because there were no other options (I tried everything else they recommended and it didn't fix the problem) and I don't think they have any kind of bug reporting / engineering contact procedures in place, because this was months ago, like back in February.  I bet the support rep was working for an outsourced firm too heh, and not even directly for Samsung...

peterhaj
Student
Options

mine stuffed up once updated the tv software, what i found is that once i signed back into my samsung account on the tv it worked again.

prior to this i even had samsung come out and replace the mainboard and that didnt fix the issue.  

let me know if that works

0 Likes
MarekFe
First Poster
Options

I solved this problem by replacing the cable for HDMI 2.1 and it works.

Try to go for one that is shielded.

0 Likes
KDDC
First Poster
Options

This is what fixed my apple TV recognition issues:

Unplug the apple TV HDMi from the TV. 

Power off and unplug the Samsung TV and keep off for 10 seconds. 

Power on the Samsung TV.

Reconnect the apple TV HDMI to TV and turn on by pressing a button on the apple remote. 

The TV will then go back through the identification process but will now detect the device as an apple tv. 

0 Likes
Zarkman
First Poster
Options

New Q80TA Qlid 65.  Will not recognize Apple TV 4K.  July 2020

0 Likes
Zarkman
First Poster
Options
July 2020 my new Samsung TV will not recognize my Apple TV on HDMI but my Harmony will.
0 Likes
Dog2
Student
Options

I have same problem

my Samsung after a power surge for another power surge protector and old one caught on fire one day and caused my electronics to lose it usability for a while and some still have issue. I can not use any of my hdmi devices with it being unknown or just saying hdmi 1 no signal. Even with the device plugged in. Ive tried new cords new devices but still no working hdmi port connection. Bought my tv in March of 2020 Samsung 55in 

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @Dog2 

Hope you're doing well, and sorry to hear about the power surge. Can you please give more information on what's happened to your TV? Did the TV catch on fire? What's the model of your TV? 

0 Likes
Dog2
Student
Options

Thank you for responding

I have a Samsung UHD 7 55 inch tv. The tv three feet away from a power surge that made a faulty old power surge connector that cause a fire that quickly went out. Like a burst of electricity firing out of r2d2 head from the ep IV. Exaggerating. Haha. Netflix YouTube Spotify and the Samsung tv plus still works. But no hdmi port signal is

able to recognize devices But other TV can recognize

the one device that was not

in the room at the time of

the fire. 

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Thanks for confirming. It will be ideal for you to go over this with our Support team, so they can guide you accordingly. They can be contacted on 0333 000 0333. 

0 Likes