Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart T V Won't Connect to Mobile Hotspot Anymore!!

(Topic created on: 08-07-2023 12:29 AM)
AMJB
Student
Options
Hi. I recently bought a Series 7. As I do not have any broadband at home, I use my Samsung S20 to tether/mobile hotspot. It has worked fine, but all of a sudden it has stopped working & now I can longer get the TV connected. There are no ip settings etc showing. . However my hotspot shows in the network list, but just will not connect. If anyone could help, that would be great. 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I had exactly the same issue today as my broadband went down and my TV doesnt find my hotspot when searching for networks. When I checked my hotspot settings in my phone it is set to 5g preferred so I'm wondering if the TV can't see 5g networks but there was no option for 4g and I'm wondering if 2g, 3g would be fast enough for streaming TV? I got round it by streaming the programme to the BBC iPlayer app on my phone and connected my phone to the TV via Smart Switch on the phone and it worked a treat. I hope this helps
AMJB
Student
Options
Thank you. It's so frustrating, as it was working perfectly. I'm just wondering whether to just get broadband??
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I think most homes benefit from broadband you just need to consider the additional cost and ensuring you get enough bandwidth
0 Likes
maz64
Apprentice
Options

Hi I am having the same issue with my new Google7 Pro and older Samsung Tv. All of a sudden the TV will not connect to the hotspot it has been happily connected to for years. No other device is having connectivity problems.  I did have to reenter the password on all of them when I upgraded my mobile phone. TheSamsung Smart TV is the only device which has issues. I see a lot of people are suggesting to get broadband. I have heard from people I have spoken to that this is a Samsung issue and the better solution would be to buy a non Samsung TV. This to me is the cheaper approach than buying broadband, which I simply do not need.

0 Likes
maz64
Apprentice
Options

Most single occupancy homes do not benefit from broadband. I have 180 gb per month for $38 (4g) which is more than sufficient. No broadband I have seen can compare.

maz64
Apprentice
Options

Having the same issue. The cheaper solution would be to get a new TV than to get broadband.

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm in the UK so I think services may differ. I'm on the cheapest Virgin media package at about 130mb speed and unlimited usage with TV channels and phone. it costs £38 per month, there are many other cheaper suppliers but Virgin has the fastest speed ATM. 4g can't compare with high speed broadband, my 4g usually hits between 60mb and 70mb which is ok for one or two devices but not for multiple devices and unless your on an unlimited data package with your mobile provider you have to keep an eye on your data usage, e.g a laptop or a games console would devour your data allowance. 5g is on a par with fixed broadband but is not very widespread yet. A lot of people in remote locations or motorhomes etc utilise mobile broadband via a 4g or 5g router and external antenna as they don't have access to fibre broadband. If your lucky enough to have a good 5g signal you can get great internet speeds but 3g and 4g has limitations
0 Likes
S21-
Student
Options

Same problem here. Got a new 32" Samsung TV, for father in law and it will not connect to hotspot on my S21+.

I have tried every possible combination of security settings on my phone from least secure to most secure, and it will not connect. It sees the SSID, I enter the password, but it does not get any IP address. Multiple other devices are connected and working off my phone. 

It's so frustrating.

0 Likes