Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Remote voice recognition not working

(Topic created on: 21-04-2020 11:58 PM)
BigDaddyCharles
First Poster
Options

Hi there!  The voice part of the smart remote stopped working all of a sudden (about 5 fmdays ago). I have tried every suggested ‘fix’ and it still says “You can use voice recognition after setting up a network connection. Would you like to connect to a network now?”. My connection is absolutely sound. Is there anything else I can do (apart from the power of prayer? And tbh that would be a bit frivolous!). I know it’s a 1st world problem... Best, BDC

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
CarlH
Options

Hi @BigDaddyCharles. What model number is your TV? Can you also tell me the software version you're currently running? 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@BigDaddyCharles wrote:

Hi there!  The voice part of the smart remote stopped working all of a sudden (about 5 fmdays ago). I have tried every suggested ‘fix’ and it still says “You can use voice recognition after setting up a network connection. Would you like to connect to a network now?”. My connection is absolutely sound. Is there anything else I can do (apart from the power of prayer? And tbh that would be a bit frivolous!). I know it’s a 1st world problem... Best, BDC

Hi @BigDaddyCharles, as @CarlH has indicated check you have the latest firmware  update for your  TV - you can find information on Samsung support by entering your model no https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ and can download latest firmware via USB and update that way.  if you have the most up to date software or this does not solve the issue have you  reset the bluetooth connection by following these steps ?

1. Switch the TV off.

2.  On the remote, hold down the "back (Return)" button and the "4 Colour" button together for about 15 seconds until the LED stops flashing. This process will reset the remote and unpair it from the TV.

3. Switch the TV on and the bluetooth connection between remote and TV  should re-pair.

Whilst your internet may be fine you could  also reset the connection to see if that makes any difference.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

landpal1477
First Poster
Options

i have the problem as bigdaddycharles,  unable to change channels using voice regogination using temote.

my tv in model No ua436100wxxy  purchased 2 years ago, can any body help or advise, please, Paul

0 Likes
Mudasir
First Poster
Options

My tv is not taking the voice command .Kindly guide me 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Mudasir wrote:

My tv is not taking the voice command .Kindly guide me 

Hi @Mudasir  Have you checked TV has latest firmware  and if so reset the Bluetooth connection on the remote as I have explained two posts above?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
cyncerelyurz
Apprentice
Options

20200606_061846.jpg

I am having the same issue. My voice commands worked fine until recently now anything I say asks if I want to search for it. Very frustrating. I've already reset the TV and remote to no avail. Please advise.20200606_061329.jpg

Cdnviking
Student
Options

@cyncerelyurz wrote:

20200606_061846.jpg

I am having the same issue. My voice commands worked fine until recently now anything I say asks if I want to search for it. Very frustrating. I've already reset the TV and remote to no avail. Please advise.20200606_061329.jpg

I'm having the identical problem. Did they stop supporting this feature? I've reset my tv and remote, as per above, but nothing. All the voice command wants to do now is search. 

0 Likes
Jdmgirl127
First Poster
Options

Same  have you been able  to  fix it 

0 Likes
Cdnviking
Student
Options

No. Not as of yet. I have a call in to Samsung technical support. Waiting a reply. 

0 Likes