Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote mic not working

(Topic created on: 27-12-2021 12:37 PM)
UE50AU9000KXXU
Apprentice
Options

Hi, My TV model is UE50AU9000KXXU and Mic doesnot work in the remote. I have tried with Alexa and Google Assitant both.

I have checked whole lot of configurable videos on internet and tried everything. Can someone help here or let me know how to fix it.

Typing in search is painful task and this issue is real pain for me now. Looking forward for your assistance. TIA

19 REPLIES 19
MarisLazda
First Poster
Options

UE43TU8502UXXH

Problems started last week. Didn't change anything.
Mic doesn't work on remote, so TV doesn't hear my commands. Before that I quite frequently used it

0 Likes
Usman Hanif
First Poster
Options

You need to pair your remote with tv again

Take out batteries of remote and press power button for 10 secs then insert batteries 

Press and hold play/pause and back/return button simultaneously for 5 secs this will innitiate pairing process 

MA69
First Poster
Options

Found a solution that worked for me.
My mic was working perfectly fine first. One day it stopped working, and the on-screen keyboard (to unlock locked apps) had also stopped working at the same time, which made me have to use an external Bluetooth keyboard for some time.
Then both got resolved in a strange way. Not sure if this was a coincidence, or could work for any of you too: I was about to reset my TV to factory defaults, and when asked to enter the pin to initiate reset, I noticed the onscreen keyboard started appearing again. So I exited Settings without resetting, went back to one of the apps, and noticed that on-screen keyboard and mic started working again.
Try resetting the TV, or initiating the reset function. Maybe this will help. 

0 Likes
probuddha
First Poster
Options

Facing the same issue with my Samsung 43" TU8570 TV. Have re-paired the remote but to no avail.

Contacted support and they insisted that I book a technician visit by paying Rs 1180 ($20) as inspection charges.

This is ridiculous

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Please check the setting status of your microphone, located on the bottom of your TV. If the microphone is turned off, the Voice Recognition function on your TV will not work. With the TV turned on, move the sensor button to the left (or to the back) to turn on the microphone.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Members_eFZf89x
First Poster
Options

This issue resolved by resetting the TV remote. I know some users have mentioned it didn't work for them but it sure did for mine. Please note I'm perhaps on the newer remote version which doesn't have batteries. I have a solar panel and a USB C port for chartging. The voice assistant wasn't working from since I bought the TV. I reset the remote by holding the back and play/pause buttons together. The remote was automatically paired and voila, it works now!

0 Likes
Members_RgHTNr1
First Poster
Options

Has anyone solved this situation ?

The microphone of the smart remote no longer works.All the functions are turned on, but the mic doesn`t record the voice for the tv.Any ideas ?

0 Likes
sinanokatata
Journeyman
Options

Hello,  Bixby on my AU8000 is stopped working like you said. I can use smart things for voice commands but not with remote.

Samsung Service has changed the remote but problem persists. Strangly i can use voice commands on youtube but not with Bixby. 

I am starting to think that this is software issue. Is there anyone in charge?

0 Likes
Flip23
First Poster
Options

Try changing the batteries in your remote 

0 Likes
kartik dhiman
First Poster
Options

I facing this same problem. After 10 months of buying my AU8000 55" series TV the remote mic not recording the voice. Samsung replaced the remote which is in under warranty. The new remote just worked fine for the next 10 months and Yes, it is now again not recording my voice. So iam suggesting you to not buy new remote, the new one will also stopped working after few months.

0 Likes