Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart remote intermittant working with sky - Q80T

(Topic created on: 30-04-2020 08:10 AM)
thescouselander
Journeyman
Options

For some reason my smart remote (the thin one) has stopped working properly with Sky Q.  Its been working fine up to now but since yesterday it takes several button presses to get the menu to respond.  The strange thing is the smart remote works fine with everything else and if I use the standard TV remote that can operate Sky Q with no issues.

So far I've changed the battery in the remote, restarted both the TV and Sky box and I even did a reset of the TV but none of that helped.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
thescouselander
Journeyman
Options

In the end I re-paired the remote with the TV which seemed to fix the problem.  Hope this is useful to others.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@thescouselander wrote:

For some reason my smart remote (the thin one) has stopped working properly with Sky Q.  Its been working fine up to now but since yesterday it takes several button presses to get the menu to respond.  The strange thing is the smart remote works fine with everything else and if I use the standard TV remote that can operate Sky Q with no issues.

So far I've changed the battery in the remote, restarted both the TV and Sky box and I even did a reset of the TV but none of that helped.

Any ideas?

Hi @thescouselander   You may need to reset  the Universal remote , if you have not already done that.   General settings-Start Set Up, ensure you select the option for the HDMi connection which includes SkyQ. Sky-Q-menu-home-access-via-the-Samsung-universal-remote  If does not fix it  you could try reset  of the Smart remote , hold and press the power button for around 5 seconds or until the red light stops blinking.   

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
thescouselander
Journeyman
Options

I've reset everything several times and set up again from scratch - still the same problems.  Its definately set up correctly; cant work out whats going on.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@thescouselander: Can you try going to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now, to see if there are any updates available that might address this?
0 Likes
thescouselander
Journeyman
Options

TV reports no updates - current version 1112.

0 Likes
Solution
thescouselander
Journeyman
Options

In the end I re-paired the remote with the TV which seemed to fix the problem.  Hope this is useful to others.