Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart hub is being updated. Please try again later.

(Topic created on: 08-01-2019 12:54 AM)
Khim
Apprentice
Options

Hi my samsung smart tv is suffering form this problem for a month now. Can some tell me how to fix this? 

93 REPLIES 93
Iain4
First Poster
Options

Hi, message   "Smart hub is being updated. Please try again later" always on screen when I switch on Smart Hub.

ZappaStache
First Poster
Options

that last solution seemed to work.  resetting eeprom     yuck.

0 Likes
Matt12388
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem for several months now, have you managed to resolve it? I would love to know how, it is driving me bonkers!! 

CyMel46
First Poster
Options

@Khim wrote:

Hi my samsung smart tv is suffering form this problem for a month now. Can some tell me how to fix this? 

I had this problem and tried many suggested fixes without success.
My tv was connected via a wired network. I disconnected the ethernet and connected via wi-fi. I was immediately able to download all apps that I wanted. I went back to wired network and problem has disappeared.

TV is 2015 model UA48J6200.

0 Likes
Michaelharp92
First Poster
Options

Try turning auto update off

0 Likes
TangoGrowler
First Poster
Options

Jeez. Talk about unproductive. Are you just gloating here? How about a bit more detail? Pretty please

0 Likes
Stephanie_C
First Poster
Options

Please help!

0 Likes
Deary
First Poster
Options

I was able to resolve this using basic reset methods. My TV 2015 model is 48 inch UHD - J640D.

I was not able to do a factory reset using the joystick button at the back of the TV. I faced this issue with internal memory clocking at 1.01 GB, and this error message on the side when trying to download new apps. This is something Samsung will have address for sure. How can?, one download and use apps with such small storage availability. Firmware version 1550. The aim is reduce 1.01 GB to something lesser, gaining 40 to 50 MB for the most needed apps. This will also remove this message.

• I disconnected the TV from Wifi. Switch off router, or block the MAC address of the TV on the router admin console.
  • Switch off TV, and add a external USB storage[preferably formated].
  • Switch on TV.
  • Perform the Reset available via SelfDiagonsis --> Reset. Skip connecting to network while resetting.
  • Swith off Auto update of firmware. Switch off auto update apps on Smart hub if available and enabled.
  • Switch on router or unlock its MAC address in Wifi settings.
  • Reset Smart hub via  Menu, and connect to the Wifi network. Wait for it to load. Open Apps[Blue icon], dont visit any app shortcuts.
  • Delete unwanted applications by visiting settings of smart hub. I deleted all apps where delete is enabled.
  • Now, browse your wanted application and open it for download.  You could see, you could have gained 40 MB to 50MB.
  • Viola, the error should be gone as well.
  • Arrange your apps by using the Move apps function, to appear as shortcuts on the home screen.
  • Press Smar hub on the remote, and delete all other unwanted app shortcuts.
  • Reset the PISR advertising id, to ensure Ads done eat up your memory. Don't use web browser as well to avoid storage usage.

0 Likes
Bushybowls
First Poster
Options
Brilliant, it works, thank you so much. The EPROM wouldn't work for me but this did perfectly.
0 Likes
tk11
First Poster
Options

I can't access Netflix, Amazon etc.

0 Likes