Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart Hub Deleting Apps

(Topic created on: 25-01-2019 07:55 AM)
l888-1
Journeyman
Options

Is anyone else having issues with their Smart hub on their TV's?

My smart hub has been updating and deleting my apps such as Amazon and Plex, when I re install them the Smart Hub updates and deletes these again. I have had the same issue on 3 of my Samsung Smart TV's

This happened yesterday yet they were all working fine the day before.

I have contacted Samsung and went through all the usal checks and TV resets with no success.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all.

We believe the cause of this issue has now been resolved and everything should be back to normal.

For anyone still having issues, please try a Smart Hub reset.

View solution in context

51 REPLIES 51
AlyB
Student
Options
Me too. Reinstalled smart hub. Doesnt work. Reinstalled amazon keeps deleting. Amazon say its a samsung issue
KCattix
First Poster
Options

Exactly same problem here and started mystically yesterday.

l888-1
Journeyman
Options

This happend on all mine as soon as I switched them on

0 Likes
AlyB
Student
Options
Been in touch with samsung again. Done full reset reloaded apps and keeps deleting apps again. Just logged back into Amazon and Netflix and lost both again. Samsung saying not tbem app providers saying not tbem either. Anyone else suspect the Gremlins?
macaceres
First Poster
Options

Me too. I am in Spain and the same problem. Sure it's a Samsung issue.

l888-1
Journeyman
Options

I believe this is a Samsung Smart hub issue as I'm having the same issue with Amazon and plex, 

Its funny how this affects several different providers / platforms where they are on the same hub.

Definatly a Samsung hub issue as the hub deletes these apps within a few minutes of installation.

Samsung support said they had to escalate the issue as they were not sure of the issue

0 Likes
wilf21
Student
Options

I've been having the same problem for the past two days.  Power up the TV, Smart Hub deletes the top line apps such as Netflix, Rakuten, BBC iPlayer and others, and also Samsung Apps, and my self-installed app for Amazon. Smart Hub then says it needs to update and on OK, it reinstalls all the apps it just deleted (but not Amazon, presumably because I installed that manually).  The most annoying thing is that to then use most of the apps, I have to log into them all over again and doing that with a remote control is a lengthy process as I'm sure everyone knows.

I reset, reinstalled, etc. as advised by an online Samsung advisor last night, but it didn't solve anything.  However, today, Friday 25 Jan, I went online again and the advisor I communicated with this time told me that Samsung are now aware of the problem and have "escalated it", so I am hopeful that it will be sorted out in the not too distant future.

Wilf

(in London)

l888-1
Journeyman
Options
With any luck samsung can push out the previous update of smart hub to allow us all to get our apps back while they resolve this issue
0 Likes
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all.

We believe the cause of this issue has now been resolved and everything should be back to normal.

For anyone still having issues, please try a Smart Hub reset.