Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart hub causes TV to restart - 2013 Smart TV models (UExxFxxxx)

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 04:14 PM)
Morphinos
Apprentice
Options

Every time I start smart hub about 30 seconds later it reboots my TV. Can’t get into Netflix or iPlayer or anything. Tried full reset of TV and still the same, do I need a new TV?

UE42F5500 model

Go to solution
153 REPLIES 153
Elisabeth Thors
Explorer
Options

Same issue for me here in Sweden but I can for some reason get smart hub and its apps to run & work whitout shuting the Tv down  when I open it from the e manual!!

So while waiting for Samsung to fix this problem I can still use smart hub but its a bit inconvenient way of doing it.

So try on your tv:s as well. Go to the support menu and chose e manual and then try click try now.  Better than nothing. 

Update as of now 13:07 its working as normal here in Sweden! 😎👌🤘

Elisabeth Thors
Explorer
Options

Here my tv is back to normal 😊 where are you, is it still crashing?

0 Likes
bmovie
First Poster
Options

so after writing what I did below, i turned on my tv to get the model number to post it in this reply, I tried the smart hub and my Plex app and it now works. They must have fixed something.

I have the same issue, worked fine one day two days later I cannot get into the smart hub, I use Plex on my tv and this crashing has rendered the tv useless. Mine is an older tv at least 10yrs now. Thought it was the tv going on the frits but its not.

Will NOT buy another samsung tv again, This was not the first issue I've had with the TV, it used to just restart on its own, I took it apart and re-attached all the connections to the boards and it hasn't done it since now there is this issue, not to mention the volume is weak on this TV, 

NO next tv will be anything but a samsung and it will have to be an Android based OS, no more of this proprietary OS's that these manufactures use. 

0 Likes
JosHenken
Apprentice
Options

It’s working here (i checked it in the afternoon)

thanks for the quick work and problem-solving👌👍

congratulate the tech team from me (and everyone on here)

Khameljan
Student
Options

Mine is working again now... 

0 Likes
Members_efS71qk
First Poster
Options

Like most I thought my TV had started to fail.  After trying all sorts last night I finally discovered this thread, to know I wasn't alone.

Thankfully all resolved. Although I now have to log back into all the apps, as I reset everything.

I did have to click on the Apps icon to trigger it to update all the apps and get rid of the "Smart Hub is being updated" message... At least it stopped restarting.

For a nearly 10 year old Full HD telly it is still going well. Didn't really want to hhave to buy a new telly now, although they do have some nice new 4K ones.

0 Likes
HermansMarc
Apprentice
Options

Everything working ágain. Thank you! 

0 Likes
AtsuiIndeed
Student
Options

Just to say, Smarthub starts working again, a day later... Was it a server issue?

Addyy
First Poster
Options

Mine’s started working today too. 

0 Likes
Dilaina_
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much! 😍
Now I'm able watching my TV again! Not without suffering but at least it's something!

0 Likes