Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 03-08-2018 02:04 AM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
JamesD83
Student
Options

The video I referenced was :

https://youtu.be/fHhx12Ax7Jk

I left the control circuit boards in place and placed blocks in each corner to rest the TV on when flipping the TV over. 

Just be supr gentle with the screen panel ribbons and circuit boards. 

Jacki28
Journeyman
Options

I had to have my Samsung panel replaced on the 24 August 2018 due to white circles it was just a year old. I have had to pay £550 in late September 2019 to have the same panel replaced again by Samsung authorised repairers due to panel failure. Have now noticed white circles appearing again less than 3months after panel replacement! Come on Samsung I am a loyal customer but extremely unhappy with this situation! A panel should not fail after two months. I don't have a bottomless pocket to keep paying out for repairs....

Sotto
Explorer
Options
From bad to worse. Consumer Protection should be notified. These are non-compliant products and should be replaced free of charge. A company that respects its customers would at least give an official answer.
Jacki28
Journeyman
Options

42695666-0CC8-42B2-901D-685F82BEE28E.jpeg

0 Likes
Jacki28
Journeyman
Options

98A1896C-5640-4418-A5A8-7BAC3DFFD8CD.jpeg

 The circles are becoming more visible now and going further across the screen.

contacted Samsung repair service that provided the panel and was told the warranty is only for 3 months. Charged £550 and only a 3 month warranty provided. So if I were to go ahead and repair It would have cost me over a thousand pounds over 12 weeks! How do they get away with this. Four repairs in just over 3 years.... makes me so angry

0 Likes
jesuita
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

Another costumer of a Samsung TV from 2016 with the same problem with the white circles, model in cause is a UE43KU6000.

Also, apart from the just noticed in the same day a spot that looks like as something unglued inside the panel - https://i.imgur.com/cGY9nMI.jpg 

Any idea if this is fixable?

0 Likes
JT111
Student
Options

Ya, happened to my tv after 8 years. 😞

0 Likes
JT111
Student
Options
Not only is Samsung not doing anything out of goodwill, it is charging $80 just to come my place to take a look at the problem. They are not even bothered to suggest potential issue and cost over the telephone!

As you mentioned, not worth repairing. It would have cost me $80 for 'nothing' just to get samsung technician at my place to tell me that!
0 Likes
Ojunaid
First Poster
Options
same issue with my TV.
0 Likes
Sammy07
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same has happened to mine.. a white spot has appeared, I'd say the tv is around 4 years old!! I was blaming the kids at first thinking they had banged it!

Dont supposed anything can be done by samsung to have it fixed 

0 Likes