Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 02-08-2019 08:49 PM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
runamonk
Explorer
Options

Howdy Fellow people with this issue. I was recently contacted on here by a gentleman named Ant who works for Samsung UK/Ireland. He's arranged for my tv to be exchanged for a new one. I just got a call a few minutes by a transport company who are coming on Monday to drop off the new one and pickup the old one. 

I'm shocked and ecstatic, It's really good to see Samsung finally handling this issue.  Anyone else been contacted?

Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Congrats. How old was the TV?

0 Likes
runamonk
Explorer
Options

Purchased in 2016.

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Maybe a change in policy or you got lucky, watch this space eh.

0 Likes
runamonk
Explorer
Options

Maybe. I hope so, the tv has been good until this happened. 😕

0 Likes
Ppg1976
Journeyman
Options

No contact what so ever from Samsung . Nothing !!

0 Likes
Ppg1976
Journeyman
Options

Mine have got worse. An absolute joke Samsung have not got hold of anyone with this problem. I rang them and nothing a waste of a call . 

runamonk
Explorer
Options

It's funny I hadn't noticed how bad mine was until they contacted me and asked for pictures, s/n and my location. I went onto youtube and searched for an all white video so I could get a good picture for reference. Then I noticed my panel wasn't all white anymore, huge bits of purple hue all over the place. 😕

0 Likes
Rk33
Apprentice
Options
Yes I was contacted last week by Ant as well. Gave him photos, contact details and s/n of tv. Offered a like for like replacement. Courier company got in touch today to inform me ill get my new tv tuesday next week.

Very pleased and impressed with the customer service, Ant was brilliant with everything. No complaints from me! Happy days!
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

Wish this Ant guy was there December last year. All I had was grief