Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the default app

(Topic created on: 17-02-2022 03:13 PM)
Ddw1966
First Poster
Options

I use YouTube TV as my television service and would like my Samsung TV to start up on that instead of TVPlus. Is there a way to change the default startup app?

96 REPLIES 96
sweege84
Student
Options

ok!  i actually just spoke with samsung support, first they had me try "mute 7 2 9 exit" on the remote, which made it turn on to the appropriate source but had no sound, then they had me reset the tv, and that seemed to have worked.  so if other people want to try that...

Sg0248
First Poster
Options

I deleted the stupid app, but when I turn the tv on, it still comes on with that app.  When I go to Home, and then Sources, TV Plus is still showing in the TV block.  Just can’t get it deleted

Manan Houston
First Poster
Options

I have read all of the posts related to this problem and come to the conclusion that there must be no fix or Samsung does't give a rats ass. I have two houses full of Samsung products and have never seen this company totally ignore the community forum. With that, I will ignore Samsung and return this pos TV and buy a competitor brand. That is how aggravating it is to have anyone that uses the TV call me during my travels and make me walk them through the process. My rental home has 5 Tv's and will not have another Samsung product.

0 Likes
motomanmatt
Explorer
Options

Agree. Been trying to fix this for over a year. Always default opens to TVPlus. Can't figure out how to remove the app. FYI The first year we owned the TV it didn't default to TVPlus. Only the last 12 months or so. Maybe after the TV updated itself? Anyway, pretty annoying. 

motomanmatt
Explorer
Options

Thanks. So, how do you "Reset" the TV?

0 Likes
motomanmatt
Explorer
Options

That was my experience, too. I deleted the TVPlus app, but it STILL comes on automatically when I start the TV (except, as others have noted, when I've been watching Amazon or Netflix. In those cases, those apps come back on the next time I start the TV. 

tgo13
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew @Andrew7  - This does not work. I just bought this Samsung Smart TV, and like everyone else in this thread, I want it to start up on an app (Spectrum TV app), not Samsung TV Plus. Can you tell me if there is a solution to fix this issue? Thanks!    

0 Likes
sagigal
Student
Options

thank you for sharing this :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
sagigal
Student
Options

I went to the app on the home screen, but instead of clicking on it with the center button on the remote to open it, i clicked and held the button down for about 5 seconds.  A menu should pop up below the app that gives you options to move or remove.  I used the arrow button to go down and  I clicked remove.  I think I had to click on another remove message to confirm that I really wanted to remove.

0 Likes
MagicL5D
First Poster
Options

Doesn't work for me.  Whatever I do, it boots up to HDMI 2.  

0 Likes