Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the default app

(Topic created on: 05-05-2021 04:56 AM)
Ddw1966
First Poster
Options

I use YouTube TV as my television service and would like my Samsung TV to start up on that instead of TVPlus. Is there a way to change the default startup app?

96 REPLIES 96
auwilliams
Student
Options

I'm looking for this feature too. I spent >$2000 on a TV and only use it for PleX. It should be a simple development task to enable setting a default app, since that's already possible with SamsungTV hardcoded. You're half way there. I DO NOT want to use Autorun Last App since sometimes the TV is used for YouTube, and we shouldn't have to religiously open PleX before shutting the TV off so it remembers to open it.

bsb324
First Poster
Options

Any update on this? I went to Settings>System>Expert Settings>Autorun Last App and it was on. However, it is not working for YouTubeTV.

SEABREEZE
First Poster
Options

I feel everyones frustration. I have the same issue. I have the 65" q90T bought in January, 21. You would think with it being a 2020 set the issue would have been resolved by now. Hopefully there will be an update. When it defaults to Samsung TV Plus, that means they can report more eyeballs watching and with more eyeballs, higher ad revenue....just a thought.

showboat
Student
Options

I use the Spectrum TV app because I'm a Spectrum customer/subscriber.  It was my hope to avoid the cable-box and associated wires only to find I can't go directly to the Spectrum App.  I do NOT want to rent a cable box JUST to avoid this dilemma.  Samsung should "do the right thing" and allow the customer to select the default app. Where do they (think) they make their money?  Off the hardware or off the streaming end of things?  I guess they want to capitalize off of both. $.02

auwilliams
Student
Options

Hello, I'm back after 3 months of daily use. Because no action has been taken on this, I have completely disabled internet connectivity from my device (no ad money for Samsung!) and simply use my 86" TV as a computer monitor. I will not be buying Samsung devices in the future.

Disappointed3
Apprentice
Options

Does Samsung bother to monitor this community? It'd be so nice if they cared and fixed this. I cut cable and want to get right to Hulu Live, I'd settle for getting right to the Hulu app. Samsung built the TV with a feature that is suppose to do that but doesn't. Is it meant to frustrate and get rid of their customers?

Disappointed3
Apprentice
Options

That should work but it’s a placebo setting. It does not actually work. I can’t find anyone in this community who’s been successful using that “feature”.

Disappointed3
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone recommend a TV brand that does have a functional autorun last app that is HULU compatible?

0 Likes
Ajmarti82
Apprentice
Options

No they do not and I still have issues with PS5 to samsung tv issues on top of this. Twitter is no use either

0 Likes
Quack4321
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem. Samsung fix this!!