Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE55TU7020 55" Crystal UHD 4K HDR Smart TV won't work with Alexa app

(Topic created on: 27-11-2023 10:13 PM)
Mary115
Student
Options

I have fully connected the Alexa and SmartThings apps so that Alexa is enabled on the Samsung TV successfully, but when I ask Alexa to turn on the tv, it still says TV isn't responding and to check the network and power supply (both of these are fine). Please advise on what else I can do to get it to work. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
You should use the samsung software app to register your tv, then use the Alexa app on your phone or other device. From Alexa, search for new devices when your device is found by alexa. You should know what to do, happens to me
0 Likes
DanielMW
Apprentice
Options

Alexa capabilities with Samsung are really limited. After connecting smart things with Alexa skill you will have really basic capabilities, as turning off the TV, volume up and down, and channels up and down, but you can't turn on the TV after is off, you can't ask Alexa to open an app (like Netflix), and others. My old 6 yrs Vizio TV was able to do it... is Frustrating!. I have been reading a lot about this and is a dead end

0 Likes
Jugom
First Poster
Options

After all this years it's really disappointing that Samsung hasn't managed to make a more capable alexa app. 

My new TV arrived yesterday and I was looking forward to move the echo device from that room to another. But since it won't work with the TV off, I guess I'll have to keep the echo there and disable the TV's inbuilt alexa since I won't have much more use for it with the echo sitting right next to it.

0 Likes
Shezzx
First Poster
Options

are you wireless or hard wired?

0 Likes