Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV UE65KU6400 vertical dark band

(Topic created on: 02-08-2019 11:26 AM)
rikkog
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

My just more than two year old (and therefore just out of warranty) television has begun to show a top-to-bottom darker area or shadow just to the left of centre.

I was appalled to learn that a local Samsung-recommended repairer has quoted me €200 MORE THAN THE COST of the original television(!) just to supply the part - labour NOT included!

I am obviously very disappointed that such a new and expensive television is showing such a problem - I understand it is a problem that other people have experienced... Is there anyone from Samsung who would care to comment on this matter?

Many thanks

Rik

IMG_0755.JPG

53 REPLIES 53
Options

Same exact, same thing happened to me. I don’t even know who to call.

0 Likes
Options

Such a horrible problem. My TV broke down about two years after I bought it also and it’s a huge an expensive there’s no way I can fix it. This is so disappointing.

njtotf22
Student
Options

I bought one Samsung after this. A 65” led. It worked great for a year then the backlights went out. The first time I replaced it under the 1 year warranty with Samsung with 12 days to spare. The replaced backlight went out 2 more times! That’s 3x. They wanted some astronomical amount to replace the last time. I told them to keep it and I would buy an LG instead. We have no problems with LG TVs. 

Jarhead7276
Explorer
Options

But Samsung has never heard of this problem! 

How do you start a class action lawsuit? That is probably the only way to get Samsung to take ownership of this problem.

0 Likes
Jarhead7276
Explorer
Options

If your TV is out of warranty you only need to call a TV repair shop. Samsung will take NO OWNERSHIP of this obvious quality problem. Such a shame.

0 Likes
funkydung
First Poster
Options
Same problem here. LG the way to go!
FrozenRose
Apprentice
Options

We got same problem with our 75" crystal uhd samsung was 1 year old in May this year and half screen went black half hour after we turned it on last week we tried all the quick fixes even left it unplugged for few days the problem is still there. Currently got my 32" samsung from bedroom in livingroom now its older and still working fine same as my sons 32", this is the reason we trusted samsung for the main tv.  The bigger and more expensive ones are the ones breaking down. We now gotta save money to buy new living room tv. Trust me when I say it won't be samsung the next time, not spending £1000 for 18 months of viewing!!

Anyone got recommendations for best company to buy reliable tv with? 

0 Likes
sayadil
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my 3 year old samsung 55inch LED so it seems like a massive manufacturer fault. Im based in Canada... we should have a class action suit against samsung.

0 Likes
Larchfield
First Poster
Options

My 2020 65” Frame bought in March 2021 developed this exact fault around mid-2023. Such a shame to discover it’s obviously a known defect that they’ve continued to build into their expensive products for years!

0 Likes
Baron156
First Poster
Options

very Sad I've got same band on my Tv 🙄 I'd expect a £700 tv to last longer than this