Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung tv stopped reading usb drives

(Topic created on: 02-12-2018 11:26 PM)
Chrislsk
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55NU7023 i was playing back content just fine today and after i ejected my usb stick and insterted after 10 minutes without doing anything that would cause trouble my tv stopped loading anything from the usb port. It kep loading the usb forever when i tried to access it. I tried multiple usb sticks and it did the same thing. But when i had a single folder with a video in one usb drive the tv prompted me as always to play the video without opening the files and it played the video just fine, but when i tried to access the files after that i couldn't. What is going on? The port clearly works, what should i do? 

Go to solution
240 REPLIES 240
warmachine1975
First Poster
Options

Thankyou this is the only way that fixed my problem your a genius, so usb stopped reading in samsung smart  tv  unknow format ect tried everything then ten tried the soloutionbabove worked perfectly  thankyou so much  x

0 Likes
MarkOldie
First Poster
Options

Ohhh, this is about samsung smart tv with pendrives. I have problem with older samsung tv, its looks smart, but its not yet as smart as new ones(it has netflix and some other internet features but most are gone) and with normal hdd drive. I dont have mouse on it to click any corners or anything and if I unregister the drive, it will erase all data. Anyone got fix for my situation?

0 Likes
wings91ster
First Poster
Options

Still a problem in 2023.  Was working fine, removed the usb stick and loaded more video files. When reinserted not recognized. Tried the "solution", but no devices to remove. Tried a full reset. Tried smart hub reset. Tried moving files to separate folders. Tried unplugging power. Sometimes hub reset works, sometimes separate folders works. Sometimes some of the folder work and some don't. 

Unbelievable Samsung breaks the software and continues to push out the problem code without fixing.  

stonedsstv
Student
Options

A few days ago (9/13/2023) USB contents failed to load, devices are recognized but the Load circle keeps going without loading any contents, not even folder name.

From setting, support, reset devices, lost all app logins, but USB devices worked.  The next day the USB devices fail to load again.

The Samsung QLED is only less than 3 years old, first the HDMI ARC failed and now USB.  Pretty bad experience I would say.  My Vizio TVs worked for years and cheap.  The QLED is 5 times the cost of Vizio.  Next TV won't be Samsung.

Mannydlm
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem and the solution was to put each movie into a separate file folder. Memory capacity issues with Samsung TVs. If you have all your movies in 1 folder it can't load all the movie clips, titles, etc. 

0 Likes
stonedsstv
Student
Options

Clear out memory and uninstall apps really did not help in my case.  Reset did work, but no one in their right mind would want to reset all the time just because need to access USB media.

0 Likes
testest
Student
Options

Yes same here Qled 55 2020 will try later reset all.

0 Likes
JuanG7
First Poster
Options

Same experience.  Plugged in a USB, at first the Samsung could open and play content.  Then the next day, TV says "updating software..." and I think to myself oh sh*t!  The update to SmartThings removes this functionality.  Samsung is forcing you to sign up for SmartThings and then if you read all the privacy notices, you will see why.  They want to harvest and sell all of your personal information.  It's disgusting and this is the last Samsung TV I will ever purchase.

0 Likes
testest
Student
Options

Same here contact them,but they were not intresst

so am gone throw all samsung out in the future.

Take another choice .

0 Likes
testest
Student
Options

Am gone up to first poster OH MY GOD!!

0 Likes