Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV Not Showing On YouTube Casting Option

(Topic created on: 27-05-2020 06:19 PM)
RandomlySet
First Poster
Options

Morning all....

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6, and also a Samsung Smart TV (IIRC, the model is UE43H6400).

Anyway, in the past, I could instantly cast YouTube from my phone to my TV without having to access the hub. However, for the past week, I no longer get the cast icon appear in YouTube. I actually now have to load the Smart Hub, start up the YouTube app and then cast. Annoying as hell TBH.

Any ideas what may have caused this? 

34 REPLIES 34
AB20121
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

Has anyone got a robust solution for this yet?

New TV (end of 2019), out of the box casting worked fine every day, from youtube, netlfix etc. First noticed problems in Feb, back then if I power cycled my TV (at mains) and power cycled my router at same time - it seemed to give me a short window (but not always) where I could begin casting video to the TV, from youtube app or similar. After that initial cast ended, the phone would no longer see the TV.

Since then I've updated the TV firmware a few times to the latest version (probably a mistake, as there doesn't seem to be a way to reverse this). Updated my phones apps - now the TV never shows up at all - most apps don't even offer the option of casting.

Went through the official answer from Samsung - installed their smartthings app to phone (requires location access to work?!), created an account, added TV etc. all to find out that you can only mirror device screen, which is next to useless.

It's abolutely infuriating that there is no way to cast to the TV from android devices anymore. (without extra hardware).

It seems like it's not an uncommon issue either but there are surprisingly few reports about this on any tech forums / websites (when googled). I'll keep looking but if there is no solution I'm seeing my new "smart" TV as not fit for purpose and be inclined push for a full refund.

At least my shiney new samsung account allows me to post here..

pjm1
Apprentice
Options

I have experienced the same issue with my Samsung Series 7 disappearing from the cast options over the past few months. Power cycling the TV will bring it back for a while until it disapears again. Thankfully my Chromecast continues to be available. 

carmy66
Journeyman
Options

I am having the same issue on mine in Canada. It's a UN75tu8000...Funny thing is, my two 2016, 58" still work. I don't want to have to plug in a Chromecast when it is unnecessary. 

bach-chad
First Poster
Options

I'm also still having issues with my brand-new Samsung Series 7 TV. I had the cast option for about two days before the option disappeared from all castable apps, such as YouTube and Netflix. 

pjm1
Apprentice
Options
It would be nice if Samsung support would look at these issues and reply.
SprocketEvens
Student
Options
I agree but now that they have our money I don’t think they care.
Droiidman
First Poster
Options

Anyone any updates/solutions? This ***** is really annoying. All of a sudden the cast icon went missing from YouTube on all Android phones BUT is still there on desktops (Mac & Win)... I own an UE65NU7179U, YouTube app is present.  If it continues like that my next TV won't be Samsung for sure.

rw3123
Apprentice
Options

+1 same problem here. Cast YouTube to TV from Android suddenly gone from all devices. Noticed the TV's YouTube had updated, as I needed to login to open the app from the Smart Hub. But once logged in there (and verified it working in the Smart Hub) still the TV did not show up with the casting options on the phone.

0 Likes
pjm1
Apprentice
Options
It seems to randomly disappear for me, but will come back after pulling the power on the tv and restarting. May also require a reboot of router if that doesn't work on it's own.
0 Likes
Cal_in_CarmelCA
First Poster
Options

Update:  2020-06-26

Note:  I've given up on this method.  I simply run a long HDMI cable from source to table. It's faster and works everytime.

0 Likes