Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV - no network cable detected

(Topic created on: 22-08-2020 11:50 AM)
Ismailk
First Poster
Options

I am trying to connect my Samsung TV to the internet using a network cable. The wireless option works 100%. However I want to connect using the cable.

I plug the cable in and the light does go on at the tip of the CAT 6 cable but when I connect it says

"No network cable detected. To connect to your wired network, insert a network cable into the TV".

I have placed a laptop right next to the TV and connected the same network cable to the laptop and there areno issues. Also works 100%.

I have reset the settings , been through a software upgrade as well.

What else can I try?

Model: UA55M6000

Software version : T-KTSUABC-1280.5

44 REPLIES 44
Ciren_Jules
Explorer
Options
Hi, I tried various ways to get round this issue. The main point is trying to position your primary router close enough to the TV so that you can get a Cat 8 ethernet cable directly from one of the routers LAN Ports to the Ethernet on the TV. I would say WiFi works fine so it's not imperative to use a cable (especially if you're having issues). That said, depending on how modern/smart your router is at managing WiFi traffic, a cable isn't a bad shout. What I did was a) note the MAC Address of the TV ethernet card b) used this to add that MAC to the router's static LAN IP addresses (so the TV gets assigned the same LAN IP by your router every time you switch the TV on) c) use Cat 8 cables between your ISP Termination block->your router & router->TV d) use the TV Menu to configure your TV to use a Wired Connection then e) use the same TV menu to check the connection details (the LAN IP should be the Static one you applied via the MAC Address described earlier). You connect to the router using the routers private IP Address eg 192.168.1.1 Google it or look at the sticker on the router. Put this IP in your browser and you'll see the router's log-in screen. User Name is usually 'Admin' & the Pwd is on the router sticker. Then you can assign a static IP to the TVs ethernet card. Does that help? It fixed the issue for me. PS Sometimes the TVs ethernet card is asleep and needs waking-up. When this is the case, I get an on-screen error message when opening an App; just 'cancel' and retry opening an App eg YouTube and it will work.
0 Likes
Dmd
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem.  The solution is quite simple, and I picked it up from a post buried in one of these chains.  The cable into the Samsung TV port should be Cat 8 and not less than that.  I simply used a standard connector to connect the Cat 6 cable (that runs about 30 feet to my router) to a 2-foot Cat 8 patch cable ($10 or so on Amazon) and connected the other end of the Cat 8 to the TV.  It worked.  (Btw, the Samsung tech people were pretty clueless, and never suggested this.)

0 Likes
Dmd
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much for replying.  For me, it didn’t matter that the router is far away.  My set up is router —> 30 feet of Cat 6 cable -> connector —> 2 feet of Cat 8 cable —> TV

0 Likes
Dmd
First Poster
Options

I have a long - 30 foot or so — cat 6 cable to my router.  At the other end, I have a small connector that is used to extend ethernet cables.  These are available on Amazon.  I connect the Cat 6 cable to the connector, and the other side of the connector to the short Cat 8 cable.  I connect the other side of the Cat 8 to the TV.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
DCR
Student
Options

If you move the TV with the ethernet cable still plugged in, and you yank on it just a tiniest bit. It literally breaks the ethernet card. That's what happened to me. 😔

0 Likes