Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV messed up my USB disk - after disconnecting disk is no longer readable

(Topic created on: 15-11-2020 06:30 PM)
eMMGeee
Explorer
Options

Samsung TV (Q80 series) messed up my USB disk - after disconnecting disk from TV it is no longer readable by PC and also TV sees no files on this drive. Trying repair permissions to the drive failed. Disk appears in PC as inaccessible. 

PC shows alert: ""Drive is not accessible. Access is denied".  I lost many precious family movies!

Please advise.

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
have you tried plugging it in the pc, right click on the mouse, on the bottom left corner, the windows icon. and click on disk management and see if that, recognises your USB drive
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
this

20201115_183023_22493.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
type this in to Google

20201115_183359_22494.jpg

0 Likes
eMMGeee
Explorer
Options

its recognized, yet inaccessible as I wrote above 

0 Likes
eMMGeee
Explorer
Options

Believe me I've searched a lot of different topics related to my problem. Do you have any valid suggestion, please share. If I could find solution elsewhere I wouldn't ask for help here.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
no sorry, unless I had the device in my hands
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
have you tried any free recovery software out there, if some paid ones usually show you the files then ask you for payment for a serial key.

I would download about a dozen and go through them one by one to see with ones work and see whats on the drive
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
0 Likes
eMMGeee
Explorer
Options

When you cannot access disk in Windows it means you cannot scan this disk with any recovery software unless you initiate this disk, which means formatting. And this is secondary to the main question here: why is disk unreadable by computer Mac or PC after disconnecting from Samsung TV? Does every disk get destroyed, or just specific ones, or it happens randomly?