Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV can’t record

(Topic created on: 28-09-2018 11:47 AM)
Krazyrunner18
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung TV and record to it’s Hard drive. But recently my scheduled recordings have stopped working and when I do a manual

record it says “ unavailable while recording”.  When I got on TV guide it shows red icon against two channels but I have deleted all my scheduled recordings and can’t find where it’s stuck. 

I have done a reset which did not remove the recording icon.  

How can i an I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Krazyrunner18 wrote:

I have a Samsung TV and record to its Hard drive. But recently my scheduled recordings have stopped working and when I do a manual

record it says “ unavailable while recording”.  When I got on TV guide it shows red icon against two channels but I have deleted all my scheduled recordings and can’t find where it’s stuck. 

I have done a reset which did not remove the recording icon.  

How can i an I fix this?

I had the same problem, it worked for a couple of weeks then stopped. It would do time shift and record what I was watching but not scheduled. Samsung support had me jumping through hoops, with even screen shots, resets, I had the smart connect replaced, and the main board replaced. It would work for a couple of weeks then stop. Samsung UK CEO office agreed to exchange my KS9500 for a Q9F. It was at this point that the UK CEO told me it was an ongoing problem with all of their TV's, and they could not guarantee the Q9F would record. Guess what it did not. The picture on it was awful compared to the KS. Samsung CEO agreed to give me a full refund. So it is a known fault, but the support will not tell you that.

More info on the ks owners refund more info thread.

Paul

0 Likes