Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV Black Line

(Topic created on: 11-07-2020 06:58 PM)
ajryte
Student
Options

I have a Samsung TV that I had bought for my mother as a Christmas Present in 2018. Randomly one day the TV developed a very dark line in the middle of the TV and Geek Squad at Best Buy told us that they wouldn't fix it and that Samsung wouldn't fix it neither. So I'm posting this here to see what can be done to remedy the issue because I don't have the money to buy a new 50' 4K TV just from a year and a half of use from the TV. Yes, you heard me correctly. This happened after only a year and a half. And the TV isn't even kept on all day.  50' NU6900B

Black line Through the TV.Black line Through the TV.

20 REPLIES 20
ClockWork26
First Poster
Options

Same thing with my TV. I thought it was because it is 75” but now seeing everyone else having this issue. I bought mine around 2020 and this started a year ago. My gf and I don’t use this one but another 65” Samsung that it hasn’t happened to yet but are afraid it will. If it does, we are NEVER going to use Samsung again considering Samsung doesn’t want to repair it for free which they should. I saw that someone mentioned a class action suit which I am more than happy to jump on that train. These companies are so typical of American capitalism. Make the most profit no matter the cost, spend tons of money on lobbying rather than fix their products, and tell us to buy a new one?! The audacity. I really like Samsung but since they’re not doing anything about it then never again. I’ve done that with other products and stuck with it. That’s millions of dollars if everyone just did that. 

0 Likes
Shenderson
First Poster
Options

Mine just started doing this as well. Same exact model. What the heck. 

0 Likes
Fash316
First Poster
Options

My TV looks exactly like that ,only bought it 2 years ago, so disappointed. 
anyone managed to fix it? 

0 Likes
TV BLACK
Journeyman
Options

black lines - less than 2 years SAMSUNG  QN50Q60A AFXZC 50' 4K TVblack lines - less than 2 years SAMSUNG QN50Q60A AFXZC 50' 4K TVstarted slowly...started slowly...Thank you for adding this comment. It gave me the confirmation I needed.

My Feb 2022 new SAMSUNG QN50Q60A AFXZC 50' 4K TV, has just a year and a half of use !!!! Two thin black horizontal lines appear on the screen. Yes, bought it at Best Buy on Feb 20, 2022, and by August 2023, the black lines started appearing!!!

Samsung Customer Service tells me to take TV authOrized service. A technician who is of trust guarantees that the fix will be temporary if any. It is a problem with the Samsung system. I wanted to post as I spend a long time with Samsumg customer service and have no solution other than them something like you have a problem, not us... Good to know but a mistake to buy Samsung even in 2022 when the problem is pointed out all over the Internet.

0 Likes
TV BLACK
Journeyman
Options

I did all this and nothing works - the problem is with SAMSUNG hardware, of course

0 Likes
TV BLACK
Journeyman
Options

Same here!! Very upsetting. A waste of time and money. SAMSUNG QN50Q60A AFXZC 50' 4K TV less than 2 years has black horizontal lines and NO FIX, told me technician. Fix is almost the same price of getting a new TV not SAMSUNG. Never again.

0 Likes
TV BLACK
Journeyman
Options

Same problem but mine is getting worse - more and more lines by the hour.

0 Likes
TV BLACK
Journeyman
Options

Excellent question. This is what makes it so abusive, so outrageous.

0 Likes
Goku3
First Poster
Options

I have this exact same issue too. Seems like a lot of people do. Most won't bother signing up here to complain either so who knows how many consumers have bought a dud. Selling hardware that fails just outside of warranty, with the only advice being to buy another TV should be criminal. Not to mention all the waste this creates. 

0 Likes
Brandi
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately for me, the entire screen ended up going black.  So i had to get another tv. Still not sure what happened... the tv was not old at all.

0 Likes