Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV Black Line

(Topic created on: 11-07-2020 06:58 PM)
ajryte
Student
Options

I have a Samsung TV that I had bought for my mother as a Christmas Present in 2018. Randomly one day the TV developed a very dark line in the middle of the TV and Geek Squad at Best Buy told us that they wouldn't fix it and that Samsung wouldn't fix it neither. So I'm posting this here to see what can be done to remedy the issue because I don't have the money to buy a new 50' 4K TV just from a year and a half of use from the TV. Yes, you heard me correctly. This happened after only a year and a half. And the TV isn't even kept on all day.  50' NU6900B

Black line Through the TV.Black line Through the TV.

20 REPLIES 20
AndrewL
Options
@ajryte: I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding this issue. Is the line present on all sources? Can you try unplugging the TV at the wall for around 30 seconds, then plug it back in to see if this helps? If not, go to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and check to see if the line shows up in the test image, or if any 'Failed' messages appear in the summary. If the issue persists, then sadly this will need to be inspected by an engineer in your region, however if the device is over 12 months old then a charge will be applicable as it is now outside manufacturers warranty period.
0 Likes
Brandi
Journeyman
Options

I am having the same exact issue.  It just randomly started looking just like yours. I can't find a way to fix this and only had this TV maybe 2yrs.

Highly upset. 

ajryte
Student
Options

Hi Brandi, 

Nobody seemed to be able to help me fix the issue. And when I asked the Geek Squad at Best Buy, they shrugged their shoulders and told me I’d better just buy a new TV. 

Luckily after less than a week the TV randomly fixed itself while I was watching a show. I hope you can either find a fix or that it’ll fix itself like mine. 

Tracy428
Student
Options

My TV started doing the same exact thing last night. I bought this tv less than two years ago. I’m so disappointed. Can this be fixed?

0 Likes
Tracy428
Student
Options

Have you had any luck yet? My TV is now doing the same thing….

0 Likes
Tracy428
Student
Options

1870EA83-ACEE-419A-A7A3-F3BE8CA4C788.jpeg

 this is what mine looks like. Just started last night. 

0 Likes
Brandi
Journeyman
Options

Thats exactly what mine looks like and a samsung rep basically informed me its best to buy a new tv if its really bothering me.  The c0st of having a technician to come and look at it and to tell me it cant be fixed is almost the same or more than a new tv. Its insane that out tvs are not that old and a lot of us are having this issue out of no where.

0 Likes
Brandi
Journeyman
Options

I hope mine fixes itself!

0 Likes
SherM
First Poster
Options

We have the same issue and it started last night. Did as suggested: checked cables and unplugged power. I also did a picture test and reset to factory. The vertical bar still appears. We’ve only had this TV for a couple of years and warranty is already out. 

Samsung told me to get it repaired, minimum of $300, likely more - or buy a new TV. She said it would be a panel board repair which Samsung really should cover. We’ve had other TVs that have lasted for years and years! Rep sent me info on local repair ships and a link to a new TV. We don’t want to spend more money on a new TV. 

If several customers are experiencing the same issue with newer TVs, why aren’t they doing anything about it? Couldn’t this turn into a class action suit? We spend money to buy their TVs only to have them become faulty after a couple of years!

6126D61D-A1E5-4D9B-B5D6-AE23AB59860F.jpeg