Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV apps buffering

(Topic created on: 20-12-2023 04:11 PM)
Badgerbob
Journeyman
Options

Anyone else have problems with apps (NOW, TV Plus, Netflix, etc) buffering? TV seemed to work fine for weeks and now I have this buffering problem every few days. Internet works fine on Amazon box, iPad, etc., just Samsung TV. It’s very intermittent and really annoying. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Badgerbob
Journeyman
Options

Mine’s sorted now! It was a wifi extender I was using; it was interfering with the LAN and randomly knocking devices off the network 

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Badgerbob  Buffering on Tv apps can be caused by Bandwidth issues.

You can you try a soft reset by holding the power button in for around 5 seconds or until the logo appears.   If no effect unplug the Tv  for 30 seconds and reboot router by unplugging from mains simultaneously to see if that sorts it.    Another idea is to change the DNS settings from Automatic  it to 8.8.8.8  and 8.8.4.4   (the Google servers).  Go to  Network-Network Settings-DNS Settings.   There are also other alternatives such as Open DNS  .

Primary DNS server address: 208.67.222.222

Secondary DNS server address: 208.67.220.220  See more here: https://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/broadband/help/best-free-public-DNS-server 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Badgerbob
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the quick reply James! I’ve tried a soft reset and unplugged tv. It’s connected directly to my BT router via ethernet and has been working well for months. It’s really weird. I’ll try the manual DNS as you suggest, but do you know why this should fix the issue? Seems odd. Thanks mate.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Oh right, thought you were maybe using WiFi. By default Samsung TV relies on the DNS server provided by your ISP. However some servers have faster response times ,faster loading times should result in reduced latency.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
How do you get on with watching BBC iPlayer and itvX?
0 Likes
Badgerbob
Journeyman
Options

I haven’t watched those streaming services for a while; but a few weeks ago they worked perfectly. But then again everything did. I’ve noticed the problem on TV Plus, Netflix and NOW

0 Likes
BatterBits
First Poster
Options

I am having issues with iPlayer, Netflix, Prime and NowTV - which were all working perfectly  before the Christmas break, but now are stuttering and buffering so badly as to make programming unwatchable. This is on either wired or wifi connections. 

Note that I haven't done anything differently, and as I say - all was working well last month.

0 Likes
Solution
Badgerbob
Journeyman
Options

Mine’s sorted now! It was a wifi extender I was using; it was interfering with the LAN and randomly knocking devices off the network 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
At least it is fixed now, thanks for updating the community.

0 Likes
Aardon
First Poster
Options

Hi  I have a Samsung RU9000  the buffering is constant.  It is happening mainly on one app.   I have 1.5g internet, new cables directly wired to box.  I have restarted, shut all down, cleared the cache, the data etc.  

If I move to the app through for example Prime it does not buffer but the picture quality is vastly reduced.  Any suggestions 

0 Likes