Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TU8500 wall mount issue - screws won't fit

(Topic created on: 08-09-2020 09:57 PM)
ACG89
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I've just bought a 50in Samsung Crystal UHD TU8500, and a 'Ross' brand Universal Flat To Wall TV Wall Mount, to fit it to my living room wall.

Unfortunately there seems to be an issue in fitting the mount to the back of the television. None of the screws provided will fit and hold the TV and mount together. It seems the screws included with the wall mount are various M8 screws, with the longest ones being around 25mm - these fit into the 4 VESA screw holes on the back of the TV, but do not reach any thread and/or screw into the back of the TV.

The information in the Samsung manual seems vague, but seems to mention "39-41 mm" screws being needed. 

Will purchasing 40mm M8 screws (or longer ones, whilst using a spacer) from Amazon or similar be an adequate replacement, and would they fit into the holes on the back of the TV and screw in properly?

Also, if so, I am still slightly concerned that with long enough screws not being provided as part of the universal wall mount kit, does this suggest that the wall mount is not capable of holding up this television?

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20
Gburns
Apprentice
Options

So you put 10mm spacer on top with 50mm long bolt - that means 40mm of the screw ends up inside the back of the TV complying with the samsung tv instructions.

And th 5mm spacer with 50mm bolt on the bottom - does this allow the bracket to be vertical or is it at an angle.

0 Likes
MilanAC21
Apprentice
Options

It sits at a slight angle, so I'll probably adjust the tilt on the mount itself... I can't find 45mm screws, so ended up using spacers with 50mm... Here are some pictures, hope it helps :smiling-face:

DD22153B-E014-4098-B266-DE4E282156CE.jpeg

BE9A9EB3-73B0-4646-B309-E4478E9CAFB6.jpeg

3ECFCB7C-8DB7-49D7-BB83-F94DA980E780.jpeg

Gburns
Apprentice
Options

Great, thanks a mill for your help - i am afraid of inserting the 50mm M8 bolts in too far and damaging the TV - you used 50mm  both on top and bottom, is the 5ml spacer on the bottom enough - that would mean 45mm of the bolt is inserted into the tv when there is meant to be between 39-41mm - looks like you had no problems anyway. 

0 Likes
MilanAC21
Apprentice
Options

I suggest standby with both 40mm and 45mm m8 bolts, I had to improvise due to lack of 45mm, used it on another Samsung curved tv... Also depends on the thickness of the mounting frame, mine was about 2mm so 40mm bolt was out of question...

Bumblebee210
Student
Options

I think i bought the same from ebay. Did you use spacers? As some say if using 45mm screws then no spacers required, is this true?

0 Likes
Gburns
Apprentice
Options

Hi - i used 50mm M8 bolts - i used 5mm spacer plus a 2mm washer and the bracket thickness was 5mm allowing 38mm of the bolt inside the TV - tv is now hanging perfectly

0 Likes
Rayan7
Student
Options

Hi

I have the same problem with mounting my 32inch samsung TV. You mention spacers. What are those? same as washers?

Regards

0 Likes
Rayan7
Student
Options

This for how many inches TV please

0 Likes
Bumblebee210
Student
Options

55inch

0 Likes
Bumblebee210
Student
Options

The 8500 doesn’t come in a 32”. If yours is an old style tv the spacers should come with it but usually come with your mounting

0 Likes