Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung smart tv displaying white screen in external hard drive

(Topic created on: 11-01-2020 10:40 AM)
Goosen61
Student
Options

Ive been watching movies for more than a year on my tv with the same external  hard drive. Last night also watched a movie, today i switch it on, tv reads the hard drive, i click on the icon to open hard drive then it doesnt display any content nor gives an error just a white screen. Its never given this problem before. Ive ttied all usb ports still juet white screen, putting the hard drive in my xbox then it works. What could be the cause?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Jiehfeng
Student
Options

I got the same issue today as well! Tried the setup again and that didn't fix it, nor did deleting the small config like file the TV stores to the USB drive, still a blank white screen. Seeing as this happened to both of us and today of all times, something must've gone wrong with something on Samsung's end?

0 Likes
Danielbanyacsky
First Poster
Options

Same issue with mine in Hungary. It worked yesterday evening, today morning not. Changed cable, switched usb port, formated pendrive to exFat. Didn't help. I hope that samsung will fix this issue asap. Maybe there were an automatic software update and there is a bug in it. If somebody has a solution, just let me know. Thx

0 Likes
PaulT3
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue today, I've resolved it by doing a factory reset and setting the TV up again from scratch. This has restored access to my external HDD and I can browse it normally and play media files again.

Goosen61
Student
Options
Perfect, i just did the same and its working again. Thank you
0 Likes
Redraw22
First Poster
Options

I have the same white screen issue when trying to access USB content. Started a couple of days ago like others here.

Resetting the TV did not work for me. Did anyone else get it working again using another method other than reset?

0 Likes
Mops123
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. I am using two different NAS server to stream over ethernet to my TV with both I get the white screen. Reseting the HUB or/and doing a factory reset is not fixing the problem for me.

0 Likes
Jiehfeng
Student
Options

You almost certainly reset it wrong and only did the "Setup" again. Go to settings and then to Support. From there select Self Diagnosis, and then select Reset. That's the actual factory reset. Worked for me a while ago. 

P.S. Thanks for the solution to the stranger that helped here!

Steve600
First Poster
Options
Thanks..had the same issue but this fix worked out
0 Likes
Schranky54
First Poster
Options
Just chiming in I have this very recent issue too. Trying the reset tonight. Glad it's not just me!